While school was out for the summer, the Brandeis Athletics Department remained busy by giving an array of awards to its athletes for their accomplishments last season.

Carley Cooke '15 headlined the Judges' award season with her distinction as an Intercollegiate Tennis Association Division III All-American.

She was selected as the first women's tennis All-American in Brandeis' history due to her 16-6 overall record, 15-4 record in dual matches and exceptional performance in the No. 1 slot as a rookie.

Sean O'Hare '12 was selected to start at second base in the New England Intercollegiate Baseball Association All-Star Game on June 4, notching a 1-for-4 performance in his All-Star debut.
The NEIBA nominated O'Hare for his team-leading 11 doubles, four home runs and .651 slugging percentage. He also had a .349 batting average and knocked in 12 runs, all while missing 17 games.

Brian Lambert '98, assistant coach of the baseball team, was also honored by the NEIBA with the Kevin Burr Assistant Coach title, which is awarded for the "consistent integrity and dedication that he has exhibited as an active New England assistant coach." In his 13-year tenure under coach Pete Varney, he has helped guide the team to four University Athletic Association titles and three NCAA Tournament appearances.

Pat Nicholson '11, MA '12, rounding out the honors, was selected to the second-teamAll-ECAC Division III New England squad. The first-baseman led the squad with 38 hits and a .384 batting average, while also tallying 13 multi-hit games and a conference-best 15-game hitting streak.
In addition to his formidable offensive performance, he was also one of the Judges' most reliable pitchers, throwing 35 and 2/3 innings and starting in six contests.

Centerfielder Lauren Porcaro '12 also made a splash on the regional stage as an end to her softball career, earning a nod to the All-New England Division III second-team. She made her case for the selection with a career-high .352 batting average, 16 stolen bases and 36 RBIs.

Chris Brown '12 earned Capital One Academic All-America Division III Honors after his impressive performance at the NCAA Track & Field Outdoor Championships. He finished fourth with a time of three minutes, 56.36 seconds, .06 seconds shy of his indoor record the previous season. He also earned All-America honors at the NCAA cross country championships and was featured in Sports Illustrated for his accomplishments.

Brandeis athletics has much to look forward to this fall with resurgent soccer teams, cross country squads poised for success and an experienced volleyball corps. The awards should only continue for the Judges.
*