In a campuswide email on Jan. 18, Director of Public Safety Ed Callahan wrote that the nearly two-week search for the individual found peering into an occupied shower in the women's locker room in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center has ended, as the individual was identified, interviewed and referred to the University's student judicial process.

In an email to the Justice, Director of Student Rights and Community Standards Dean Gendron wrote that "it is not possible to discuss any active conduct matter, nor is it possible to discuss any individual's confidential records," and that the individual's violations of the Student Rights and Responsibilities handbook are private and unable to be published.

In an email to the Justice, Callahan explained that "the individual was located through information provided by Community members and the aid of [closed-circuit television] technology."

The individual will now have his case heard by the student judicial process.

The victim, a graduate student, has not yet pressed charges but is working with Public Safety "relative to this process," wrote Callahan.

According to the public safety advisory released on Jan. 6, a man "described as a lanky, 6'3 white male with longish, light brown hair" was seen looking into the showers by a student who was showering there.

In a Jan. 13 interview with the Justice, Callahan explained that the graduate student contacted Public Safety, which then found a picture of the intruder on the CCTV system and circulated that photo to the Department of Athletics, Student Life and the Department of Community Living.

As a result of the intruder and a desire to "tighten up security," a card reader was installed at the front entrance of Gosman, and each student or community member wishing to enter the area must have their ID swiped.

In his email to the Justice, Callahan wrote that the overall feedback on the card reader has been satisfactory. "There have been a few minor system glitches with some ID cards not in the system but we are working on that," he wrote.