Provost Steve Goldstein '78 announced on Oct. 4 that Prof. Anita Hill (Heller) joined his staff as the senior adviser to the provost, according to a BrandeisNOW press release.

"Professor Hill will play a central role in the strategic planning process. Our work there has just begun, so the timing is perfect," wrote Goldstein in an email to the Justice.

Hill will help coordinate academic initiatives, work with the Office of Communications to "showcase" Brandeis' academic programs and faculty achievements, and assist Goldstein in developing partnerships with local and national institutions "to advance the university's mission," wrote Goldstein.

Hill, who began her duties this week, has been a member of the faculty since 1999, and will continue teaching and researching at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management on a half-time basis, according to the press release.

Goldstein wrote, "Professor Hill is well-respected as a teacher, a scholar, and a valued member of the community here and at large."

Since arriving at Brandeis in 1999, she has served on many committees that have dealt with important university issues and high-level appointments," Goldstein continued to write.

When asked what he, specifically will be looking forward to in regard to Hill's appointment, Goldstein said that he is excited to work with Hill.

"I look forward to her unique viewpoint and experiences. She brings perspective and skill as a lawyer, teacher, author, and intellect to the issues we face at Brandeis," he wrote.

"I am thrilled to have this opportunity to work with the provost on these priorities," Hill said in the BrandeisNOW press release. "There is a lot of excitement at Brandeis now and the timing seems perfect."