Correction appendedStudent Union Secretary Herbie Rosen '12 was elected to serve as the Student Union president for the 2011 to 2012 academic year after running against Student Union Treasurer Akash Vadalia '12 and Amber Kornreich '12. Rosen won with 958 votes, while Vadalia had 345 and Kornreich had 180, according to an e-mail to the Justice from Student Union Vice President Shirel Guez '12.

In an interview with the Justice, Rosen said "[Vadalia and Kornreich] ran great campaigns and ... their effort should definitely be recognized and they had some great ideas. I am hoping that I can find a happy medium to satisfy the groups that did vote for them and not me."

"I have so much confidence in Herbie," said Student Union President Daniel Acheampong '11 in an interview with the Justice. "It is exciting to have so many students participate; ... the turnout of the student body was incredible."

Gloria Park '13 was elected as the next Union vice president after winning with 483 votes. Senator for North Quad Shekeyla Caldwell '14 was the runner-up with 414 votes, followed by Union Director of Communications Andrea Ortega '13 with 236.

"I'm very happy. I feel very privileged to serve as next year's vice president. It's unreal," Park said in an interview with the Justice. She explained that she plans to have one-on-one meetings with the current senators to get to know them better for next year.

Todd Kirkland '13 was elected Student Union secretary with 473 votes, defeating Elizabeth Fields '13, who received 455 votes.

Dan Lee '12 won the election for Union treasurer with 572 votes over Finance Board Member Sidak Pannu '12, who had 435 votes.

Senator-at-Large Beneva Davies '13 defeated Eleazar Jacobs '13 for the Junior Representative to the Board of Trustees position, gaining 516 votes over Jacobs' 385.

This was the second Union election in which candidates were elected through instant runoff voting. Under this system, students rank candidates in order of preference, and if no candidate wins a majority of votes after the first count, students whose first-choice candidate received the fewest votes have their second-place choice counted instead. Voting counts continue in this fashion until a majority winner is obtained. According to Article IX, Section 6 of the Student Union constitution, If "abstain" receives the greatest number of votes during a final election, than there will be a vacancy in the office until the next election.

This was the case for the Finance Board positions. Jacob Agi '12, Gabriel Weingrod-Nemzow '12 and Donghae Choi '12 were all elected to the F-Board, while one position on the board remains unfilled.

Additionally, the junior representative to the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee position and the junior representative to the Alumni Association positions remain unfilled.

The remaining positions will be filled during the next round of elections as per the Union constitution, when students vote for the senators for the Class of 2012, senators for the Class of 2013, senators for the Class of 2014, senators at large, racial minority senator and associate justices for the Student Judiciary.

According to Guez's e-mail, 44.16 percent of undergraduates voted in the presidential election, 34.20 percent in the vice presidential election, 34.39 percent in the treasurer election, 33.02 in the junior representative to the board of trustees election, 22.23 percent in the junior representative to the UCC election, 23.15 percent in the junior representative to the alumni association election and 25.57 percent in the F-Board elections. 29.97 percent of students voted in the racial minority F-Board position.

Brian Fromm and Andrew Wingens contributed reporting.

Correction: The article originally incorrectly listed one of the positions to be elected in the next round of voting. The senators for the Class of 2014 will be elected, not the Class of 2011.