A new Provisions on Demand Market is expected to open on the ground floor of the Village C Residence Hall within the next week or two, Senior Vice President for Administration Mark Collins said in an interview with the Justice. Collins said in an interview with the Justice that the Village P.O.D. Market was expected to open in late January, but due to equipment back orders, the opening was delayed. "Most of it had to do with the equipment we were putting into the building; [which was] back ordered, not available," he said.

Collins explained how the idea of the Village P.O.D. Market developed: "Aramark had an interest and saw what they believed was an opportunity to serve" students living in lower campus.

"[Student Union President] Daniel Acheampong '11 [found] in his discussions with students, that they were looking for some sort of a P.O.D.-type thing down on the lower end of campus," Collins said.

According to the Aramark website, the "Provisions on Demand (P.O.D.) Market combines the corner store with the style of a modern market, featuring grab 'n go dining options for breakfast, lunch or any time of day."

An existing P.O.D. Market is located in Lower Usdan.

In an e-mail to the Justice, Director of Dining Services Aaron Bennos wrote that the hours of operation for the new P.O.D. market will be 7 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday, and 4 p.m to midnight Sunday through Friday.

These hours, however, will be re-evaluated for the fall semester.

The Village P.O.D. market will contain some of the most popular items based on sales from the P.O.D. market in Usdan.

The inventory of the market may change as student requests are received, wrote Bennos.

In his e-mail, Bennos wrote that a student representative living near the Village P.O.D. will most likely partner with Dining Services for input regarding the items that are sold.

In an interview with the Justice, Village resident Adam Gelman '14 said, "Now it'll be so easy to just run down to the P.O.D. Market in my [pajamas] and grab a snack."

Andrea Stern '14, another resident of the Village, also expressed delight at the opening of the Village P.O.D. market.

She said, "I'm so excited to have such easy access to food at the P.O.D. Market. It'll be great to eliminate all those long walks to Usdan," in an interview with the Justice.