The second round of Student Union elections, in which students will vote for the posts for class senators among other positions, will take place this Thursday starting at midnight. Apart from voting for the senators for the Classes of 2011, 2012 and 2013, students will also be voting for five Student Judiciary positions, two senator -at-large positions and one racial minority senator position.

Two positions remain unfilled from last week's first-round voting, including the junior representative to the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee and the racial minority Finance board member, which will be included in Thursday's round-two elections.

In the first round of elections that took place last week, Daniel Acheampong '11 won the position of Student Union president. Shirel Guez '12 wonthe seat for vice president. Herbie Rosen '12 will serve in the position of secretary, and Akash Vadalia '12 will serve as Treasurer. Supreetha Gubbala '12 won for the junior representative to the Board of Trustees and Savannah Pearlman '12 for junior representative to the Alumni Association. Sidak Pannu '12, Jessica Preis '13, and Makensley Lordeus '11 won seats on the Finance Board.

The candidates for the Student Judiciary are Deena Glucksman '11, Miriam Strauss '12, Jessica Granville '12, Rasheedat Azeez '13, Judah Marans '11, Alex Norris '11, J.V. Souffrant '13,and Matthew Kriegsman '11. Kriegsman and Souffrant both ran for president in last week's round one elections.

Running to be senator for the class of 2011 are Abraham Berin, Ryan Fanning and Michael Newborn. Candidates to be senator for the class of 2012 are Daniel Gutman, Abby Kulawitz, Liya Kahan and Mark Trilling. Candidates for the Senator of the Class of 2013 are Todd Kirkland, Joshua Hoffman-Senn, Jessica Christian, Boris Osipov, David Fisch and Seo Young (Gloria) Park.

Running for the senator-at-large positions are Victoria Bae '13, Abdul Aziz Sohail '13, Ruben Abergel '13, Beneva Davies '13, Sarah G. Kim '13 and Justin Carlisle '13.

Running for F-Board racial minority member are Bo-Reum Lee '13, Kerwin Vega '11, and Gabriela Castellanos '13. Candidates for the Racial Minority Senator are Leslyn Hayes '13 and Jesse Vasquez '13. The candidate for the Representative to the University Curriculum Committee is Usman Hameedi '12. Candidates to fill the remaining F-Board position are Rachael Koehler '13, Julia Blanter '13 and Alexander Aquino '13.

Acheampong said that he found the student turnout for this week's elections "incredible, because from my experiences I haven't seen so many people running for election."

"Everybody is challenging someone," Acheampong said, "There will be no easy races."

Carlisle for senator-at-large, said that he is running because he "see[s] a lot of things at Brandeis that require attention and an impartial ear," and he is not "coming in thinking about Union bureaucracy."

Sarah G. Kim, running for the same positon, said "If I am elected, my major goals are to extend the library hours and the [Provisions on Demand Market and Einstein Bros. Bagels hours] on the weekends," she wrote in an e-mail to the Justice.

Hameedi is running to be the representative to the University Curriculum Committee. "I want to give Brandeis students more options and opportunities to explore their academic interests," Hameedi wrote in an e-mail to the Justice.

Castellanos, current treasurer of AHORA!, is running for the racial minority F-Board position. "I was inspired to run for this position because I am very passionate about equality and representation," she said.

Thursday's election will once again use the instant runoff voting system, which premiered in the first round of Student Union elections last Tuesday.

Current Student Union President Andy Hogan '11 wrote in an e-mail to the Justice that although there were no technical difficulties during the first use of the instant runoff voting system, "there need to be more rules created about Write-in candidates and Abstain to have the Instant Runoff system come to fruition." He explained that he hopes next year's Student Union will address these concerns. Acheampong said, "we're going to try our best to come up with a long-lasting solution to fix the instant runoff voting system.