The Student Union Senate has decided to begin working on six separate Senate committees to address needs on the Brandeis campus. The committees focus on social justice, outreach, diversity, club support, ways and means and services. Student Union President Andy Hogan '11 swore in the Senator for the Class of 2012 Abby Kulawitz, the Senator for Charles River Abraham Berin '11, the Senator for Village Quad Albert Feldman '13, and the Senator East Quad Melissa Skolnik '12.

Jenna Brofsky '10, the director of community advocacy, and Sofya Bronshvayg '11, the director of executive affairs, updated the Union about Clubs in Service, an initiative designed to connect clubs that are not typically community service-oriented with volunteer opportunities, and urged the Senate to commit to more outreach programs such as visiting student residence halls and dining areas. Brofsky praised the Clubs-in- Service initative, saying that it had been going extremely well so far.

Senator-at-Large Beneva Davies '13 is working with Michael Newborn, senator for the Class of 2011, on an interfaith event that will be cosponsored by the MLK and Friends club. The event is planned for Wednesday, March 24 and will include presentations made by religious groups on campus as well as performances by a cappella and culture entertainment groups.

Newborn announced that he will launch a Boston-area map survey sometime next week through Facebook and e-mail in lieu of the campuswide e-mail the Union Secretary usually sends to the student body.

Hogan, Mark Trilling '12,senator for the Castle Quad, Ruben Abergel, senator for the class of 2013 and Executive Senator Jenna Rubin '11 will represent Brandeis this weekend at the Boston Intercollegiate Conference to meet with seven other area colleges.

Amy Mandel '10, senator for the Foster Mods, has contacted Vice President for Campus Operations Mark Collins requesting more electrical outlets in the Usdan and Sherman dining halls.

Davies and Linda Li '13, senator for Massell Quad, both reported positive student reactions to the Presidential Search Survey conducted last month.