The Student Advisory Committee, which was created to provide the Presidential Search Committee with student feedback, will hold a townhall meeting Nov. 30 to encourage student input in the search process, Committee Chair and Student Union President Andy Hogan '11 said in an interview with the Justice.The meeting will take place at either 5:30 or 6 p.m. in Sherman Function Hall, Hogan said. Trustee and faculty members of the Presidential Search Committee will be invited to the meeting, which will be run by Meyer Koplow '72, the chair of the search committee.

The meeting will be a forum "where students can express what they want in a new president," Hogan said.

"After we finish the town hall, hopefully the search committee will have a better idea of what students really want to see in a new president," he said.

The SAC was created after University President Jehuda Reinharz announced his intention to resign in a Sept. 24 campuswide e-mail.

Reinharz will remain president until a new president has been selected or until June 30, 2011, according to a Sept. 24 University press release.

The PSC, appointed at the Oct. 29 Board of Trustees meeting by Chair of the Board of Trustees Malcolm Sherman, does not contain any student members. Koplow told the Justice Nov. 3 that the committee will be responsible for managing the search process and presenting recommendations to the Board.

The number of faculty on the PSC was increased to three after discussions with Sherman. Sherman charged the Faculty Senate with creating a faculty advisory committee to provide the search committee with faculty input. Over 30 out of the 84 faculty members who were nominated are willing to run for the eight seats on the faculty advisory committee, Chair of the Faculty Senate Prof. Sabine von Mering (GRALL) said.

The electronic ballots for the faculty advisory committee election will be sent out this week, von Mering said.

"There will be one person from each school [on the faculty advisory committee]: . four in Arts and Sciences, one [in the International Business School] and one [in the Heller School for Social Policy and Management], and then there will be two people at large. They can be from any of the other six [departments]", von Mering said.

The committee will advise the search committee and have input on the position descriptions of presidential candidates, von Mering wrote in an Oct. 30 e-mail to the faculty.

Von Mering also wrote that the committee will be involved in interviewing finalists.