After much discussion, the Senate recognized the Collegiate Association for the Research of Principles. According to its constitution, the club seeks to "create a culture of peace on college campuses by upholding the ideal of 'One family under God' as explained in the Divine Principles, . the teachings of the Unification movement, written by Rev. Sun Myung Moon in 1957." Some senators expressed concern because Moon made statements in the past that could be considered intolerant of homosexuals and Jews or skeptical of the veracity of the Holocaust. The club members stressed that they wanted to organize events for students from different faiths to exchange ideas and promote religious tolerance. Club members and other senators said that not recognizing the club would counter Brandeis' ideal of religious tolerance.

Union President Jason Gray '10 said that the changes to be proposed by the Curriculum and Academic Restructuring Steering Committees could likely include changes to the administration of departments rather than what subjects students concentrate on. He said that there would likely be cuts to graduate programs due to their expenses. He reported that the Union admissions task force had received applications from 255 students to get in touch with 1,200 prospective students.

Gray said a report in The Hoot about his involvement in the Union presidential election was factually inaccurate.

The Senate went into an executive session for 10 minutes before considering a bylaw change introduced by East Quad Senator Jenna Rubin '11 that stated that no candidates running for office should promise favors to individuals in exchange for political support. The bylaw was tabled.

The Senate voted against a bylaw under which Student Money Resolutions would need to be used "for the betterment of the Brandeis University undergraduate student body" instead of for "Student Union Government projects."

The Senate chartered Gen-Ed Now and Students crossing Boundaries.