The newly renovated C-store, now called the Provisions on Demand Market, opened last Sunday in Lower Usdan. Quiznos will open in mid-September in the previous C-store location, according to Mike Newmark, director of Dining Services.These changes were implemented in an effort to expand dining options and increase overall dining satisfaction.

The P.O.D. Market is now located next to the gameroom, which was remodeled to accommodate both the gameroom and the P.O.D. Market in the original gameroom.

Newmark wrote in an e-mail to the Justice that the P.O.D. Market is bigger than the old store and will have "more items available, from a grab-and-go hot food bar to more produce and organics to fountain beverages and espresso/coffee." The P.O.D. Market will also sell sushi, rotisserie chicken and various vegan items and will have larger cheese, fruit and vegetable, bread and premade sandwich and salad sections.

Quiznos, a national chain known for its sandwiches, will open in mid-September. Quiznos will be open for lunch and dinner and will be staffed by Aramark employees, according to Vice President of Campus Operations Mark Collins.

Students will be able to use meals, points and WhoCash at both the P.O.D. Market and Quiznos, Newmark said. Students can also purchase select items at P.O.D. and Quiznos as a meal "as part of the C-Meal program developed through a collaborative effort of Dining Services, the Dining Committee and University administration."

A few possible additions to the new C-Meal include meatloaf, chicken nuggets and stuffed shells.

The P.O.D.?Market will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to midnight on?Friday, 11:30 a.m. to midnight on Saturday and 11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Sunday.

Collins wrote in an e-mail to the Justice, "The idea of adding a national brand sub concept and a larger Convenience store originated five years ago through discussions with Aramark, students and administration."

Collins explained that community focus groups, student surveys, traffic flow analysis, campus layout and preferred national brand studies were all taken into consideration in this decision.

He wrote in the e-mail that the plan was "reshaped and re-analyzed" over the years based on feedback and surveys as well as meetings with student groups including the student dining committee.

"Key findings and recommendations were presented to the Brandeis administration this summer in a continuing effort to add more options and services and increase overall dining satisfaction."

The funding for the project will come from Aramark. Construction costs were budgeted for $665,000 Collins said. The final cost of the project is not yet available, but he said that the project will not exceed the estimated amount and may be under budget.

According to Student Activities Operations Specialist Mark Metevier, the gameroom has essentially been cut in half to make room for the new food market, but the amount of gaming equipment has actually increased.

In an e-mail to the Justice, Director of Student Activities Stephanie Grimes wrote, "We wanted to make sure that we kept the services that were the most popular to the student body, while trying to add some features to the new space."

Grimes added, "Operationally, the Game Room will be the same as last year. The prices for both the new and old games will be similar to years past."

New additions to the gameroom include two new pingpong tables, four new flat-screen televisions and a new gaming area that will include an Xbox 360, a Wii and a Playstation 3.

Grimes wrote that "Students will be able to rent games from the licensed game library. The library does have the ability to change on a monthly basis which we will be assessing throughout the academic year."

Student Activities Advisor Rebecca Lehrhoff said, "The whole room has been repainted, and the space in general is more vibrant. Before, the space was so big that it always looked underfilled, but now that the space is smaller, oddly enough, it feels more like a vibrant, full atmosphere."

The gameroom is expected to open Thursday, Aug. 28 and will be open until midnight Monday through Saturday and until 8 p.m. on Sundays.

Grimes wrote, "I believe that the change in the Game Room, as well as the changes that Aramark is making, will make Usdan a destination point for lots of students.