The Intercultural Center will likely be renovated this summer, former Student Union President Alison Schwartzbaum '08 said, after a funding issue that stalled the project in October was resolved.Between $100,000 and $120,000 have been made available in the University budget to renovate the ICC, Schwartzbaum said, adding that Jean Eddy, the senior vice president for students and enrollment, informed her about the money.

Though ICC Director Monique Gnanaratnam could not confirm that this will definitely happen, she said she will meet with Dean of Student Life Rick Sawyer and Assistant Dean of Student Life Jamele Adams today to discuss the plan. Adams also said he was not sure when this would happen, adding that it might happen after this summer.

The ICC and the Union submitted a proposal to the administration a year ago, in which they called for a $105,000 renovation of the 15-year-old building, which serves as a home for an increasing number of smaller cultural groups.

The proposal includes the creation of a multipurpose room on the second floor in place of several club offices. New furniture for Swig Lounge and the offices are also included in the budget.

The proposal also calls for adding carpeting to the Swig Lounge; placing a movable dividing wall and mirrored wall for dance groups; creating a locker space for clubs; and setting up card access for students who need to use the ICC after hours.

If there is more money available, other enhancements of the ICC might be made, as in adding a sound system and re-carpeting some offices, according to the plan.

Thomas Ahn '09, an active member of the ICC , said that most clubs just store things in the offices.

"The new space will allow clubs to actively use it and draw more people in," Ahn said. "That's a first step."

"It's so key; it's so important," he said about the renovation.

"You never notice how bad it is, until you take a step back and watch," Schwartzbaum said.