Shreeya Sinha '09, senator at large, won the Student Union presidency in a sweeping landslide, receiving more votes than her competitors combined.As she received more than 50 percent in the first round, the race for president didn't require a final round.

"It hasn't sunk in yet that I'm president," Sinha said. "I'm honored that so many people had faith in me."

Voters seemed unbothered by the resignations of two election commissioners who accused Sinha last week of taking credit for an idea they said was theirs originally.

Senior Representative to the Board of Trustees Albert Cahn '07 and Director of Academic Affairs Jason Brodsky '07 left their posts as election commissioners after Sinha said she was interested in creating an endowed fund for prominent speakers-a plan that Cahn and Brodsky say they have been working on for about a year. Sinha announced this plan at a candidates' forum last Thursday sponsored by the Justice.

Despite this, her opponents, Jonathan D'Oleo '08, Senator at Large Andrew Brooks '09 and Iris Uzdil found themselves unable to compete with Sinha, who garnered 752 votes. D'Oleo received 289, Brooks received 284 and Uzdil came in fourth with 46.

"When I found out [I won], I just sat speechless," Sinha said.

Brooks, who was endorsed by former candidates Frank Golub '10 and Asher Tanenbaum '08, said, "Although I'm disappointed I didn't win, I'm still committed toward making Brandeis a better place and realizing the goals that I put forth in this campaign."

Union Secretary Alex Braver '09 won the vice-presidency in another landslide.

"I'm excited and humbled, and ready to do my best to make sure that things work next year in the senate," Braver said moments after the unofficial election results were announced.

Braver defeated Senator for Racial Minority Students Christina Khemraj '09 by a vote of 601 to 316 in the second round.

Senator for the Class of 2009 Sung Lo Yoon and Finance Board Chair Sridatta Mukherjee '09 were eliminated in the first round.

Union Treasurer Choon Woo Ha '08, who ran unopposed, won the election for a second term.

In the first round, Senator for the Class of 2008 Michael Goldman '08 defeated Jared Hirsh '10 by a margin of nearly 300 votes in the race for secretary.

The new F-Board members are Jordan Rothman '09, an incumbent, Emily Moignard '09, Amanda Hecker '10, Garrett Nada '10 and Tejas Kumar '10, who will serve as the representative for racial minority students.

Graham Miller '09, Jacob Bockelmann '09 and Zachary Pyle '09 were elected representatives to the Alumni Association, Board of Trustees andUundergraduate Curriculum Committee, respectively.

As for the newly elected president's goals, Sinha said. "The first thing I am going to do is get everyone on the same page and set a vision for the Student Union.