The newly built Village, located near N - Lot and the admissions building, encompasses three buildings: A, B and C. Each houses three or four floors including a dining area, a living area, and a television lounge in building B. Late on August 22, it also housed a person or persons who stole two chairs from the lounge and a couch from one of the floors.Although Village Quad Director Luigi Solla could not estimate the exact value of the stolen furniture, he knows them be very expensive. Solla and other staff are also unsure of who the thieves are. In a recent police report, the value of the chair has been estimated at $500.

"It could have been taken by anyone," Solla said.

Along with Solla, Village community advisors have been attempting to learn more from students living in the Village.

"We have been visiting door-to-door to get more information or seeing if we can actually find the furniture," Solla said,

Most students do not mind the inspection and hope the culprit is caught soon. A few have qualms with the door-to-door searches, but they acknowledge why the searches were implemented.

"It's kind of intrusive," junior Veronica Shaw said. "But, I understand. If this were somewhere else like Massell or East, where nobody cares about the furniture, then the searches wouldn't be cool - but this is a brand-new building."

Although some students are not surprised, many, including Solla are stunned by the incident.

"I'm surprised this is even an issue and I'm very disappointed," Solla said.