The Brandeis track and field teams completed their final regular season meet at the Brown Springtime Invitational hosted by Brown University this past weekend. 

The women’s squad was nursing a tough seventh-place finish in the University Athletic Association Outdoor Championships last weekend. Despite the outcome, the women came out with a solid showing this weekend, posting a smattering of top-10 finishes on the day. Starting the day was Kayla Kurland-Davis ’20 in the 200-meter race, crossing the line in 10th place with a time of 27.22. Emily Bryson ’19 powered the team in the 800-meter run, blowing past the competition for a silver medal and a time of 2:14.70. Kyra Shreeve ’18 was narrowly bumped out of the top ten, finishing the day in 11th. 

First-year Lydia Harris ’20 performed well in the 400-meter hurdles event but was unable to break the plane in time, finishing in fifth with a time of 1:09.53. Brown took the crown in the race, with three runners competing in the event and snagging the gold and bronze medals.

Jessie Moore ’18 competed in the women’s high jump, elevating 1.42 meters to land in ninth place for the day.  First-year Willa Moen ’20 was edged out into 11th place, but made up for it in the pole vault competition. Moen vaulted herself over 3.1 meters, good for a seventh-place roundup. 

Jordin Carter ’18 took the lead for the Judges squad in the shot put event, hurling the ball a hefty 10.6 meters and taking sixth place in the process. Carter also entered the hammer event, blasting the tool 40.3 meters for seventh place. 

The men were also coming off a rough seventh-place overall finish in the UAA Outdoor Championships, though they fared slightly better, posting solid results in their final regular season meet. Irie Gourde ’17 continued his impressive season with a third-place time of 11.02 in the 100-meter dash. Churchill Perry ’20 followed suit, picking up eighth place with a time of 11.15. Lorenzo Maddox ’20 trailed behind, edging out senior Peter Archetto of Rhode Island College for 10th place. Michael Kroker ’19 and Adam Beckwith ’18 narrowly escaped last place with finishes in 15th and 16th, respectively. Kroker managed to finish a smidge under 12 seconds with a time of 11.99. 

First-year Jacob Judd ’20 held his own in the 800-meter race, coming in at seventh place with a time of 2:01.06. Dillon Garvey ’20 and Roger LaCroix ’18 took sixth and seventh, respectively, in the men’s mile run. 

Brian Sheppard ’18 cracked the top ten with a spectacular finish in the 3000-meter race.  Dan Curley ’20 followed behind for an 11th-place finish. Henry McDonald ’19 took third in the 400-meter hurdles, flashing a 59.12 finish time. 

Scott Grote ’19 flung the disc 44.09 to land himself in third place for the discus event. Aaron Corin ’20 catapulted himself into fifth place in the pole vault competition, solidifying his place with a respectable 4.2 meter vault. 

The Judges will move on to the Division III New England Championship hosted by Williams College beginning this coming Thursday and then to the New England Intercollegiate Amateur Athletic Association Championships the following week. The women had a tough outing last year at the meet, finishing in 17th and 28th, respectively, while the men fared no better, posting a 21st-place finish and a 31st-place finish, respectively.