The No. 28 men’s tennis team rolled over the United States Coast Guard Academy in an 8-1 victory on Saturday in New London, CT, sweeping the doubles courts and taking all but the No. 6 singles court match in the process. 

The Judges move to 4-3 on the year with the win, having recorded three straight wins that began with a win over University Athletic Association opponent New York University on Mar. 13. 

The duo of Michael Arguello ’17 and Jeff Cherkin ’17 rolled over their opponents 8-3, giving the duo a record of 4-1 on the No. 1 doubles court this year. Danny Lubarsky ’16 and Brian Granoff ’16 earned their first win on doubles court as a pair with an 8-5 victory on the No. 2 court. 

The usual second pairing of Lubarsky and Jackson Kogan ’19 was split up with Kogan sitting the day out. The duo of Eric Goldberg ’18 and Zach Cihlar ’19 also earned their first win together on doubles courts, turning in a convincing win on the No. 3 court with a crushing 8-2 victory.

Ryan Bunis ’17 improved to 5-2 overall in singles action with a win on the No. 1 singles court, taking down his opponent by a 6-4, 6-2 straight-set victory. Granoff needed three sets to dispatch his opponent on the No. 2 singles court, recovering from a first-set loss to take a 6-7, 6-1, 6-2 victory. Granoff moves to 8-3 on the year for the Judges.

Arguello pulled off a convincing 6-0, 6-1 victory on the No. 3 singles court, improving his regular season record to 3-2 on the year. 

Tyler Ng ’19 continued his good form by winning his fifth-straight match for the Judges, taking a 3-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory on the No. 4 court. Ng improved to 2-0 on the No. 4 court with the win and has turned in five straight wins after beginning the year with a two-match losing streak. 

Lubarsky completed the double bagel on the No. 5 singles court, taking a 6-0, 6-0 victory to improve to 1-1 on the year. Cihlar fell to 2-2 on the No. 6 singles court with the Judges’ only loss of the afternoon but played well in a 7-5, 7-5 defeat. Cihlar sits at 3-3 overall this year in singles play.

The Judges had a matchup with Wheaton College last Friday that was postponed and will next take to the court tomorrow when they travel to Babson College, beginning at 3 p.m.

The Judges will also welcome Bates College on Sunday, beginning at 11 a.m.