The men and women’s tennis teams won both of their matches this weekend as both squads beat New York University during Senior Day on Saturday. The 29th-ranked men defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Wednesday, while the No. 27 women’s side took down Endicott College on Thursday. With the victories, the men improved to a overall record of 8-9, and the women’s team padded their record to 10-8. 

Judges 6, NYU 3

On Saturday, the Judges were led by their No.1 singles player, Brian Granoff ’17, who won his singles match by a score of 6-1, 3-0. Granoff’s opponent, junior Sidd Thangirala from NYU, was forced to retire due to an injury in the second set.

On the No. 1 doubles court, Granoff and Danny Lubarsky ’16 defeated their counterparts from NYU 8-5. At the No. 2 doubles court, Jeff Cherkin ’17 and Michael Arguello ’17 won their match 8-4. Arguello won again at No. 2 singles, winning his match 6-4, 6-3.  

Judges 5, MIT 4

Wednesday’s contest witnessed a more competitive match. The Judges struggled in the doubles portion of the competition, only winning one of the three matches. 

The team rebounded well in singles play, led by Arguello. The No. 2 singles player won his match in three sets, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4. Lubarsky won as well on the No. 3 court, winning 6-4, 7-5. 

Cherkin kept the winning ways going on the No. 5 court, 6-1, 6-3. 

Judges 6, NYU 3

Playing in her last home match ever, Carley Cooke ’15 led the Judges to a University Athletic Association conference victory on Saturday afternoon. 

Cooke played in a tough three set match on the No. 1 singles court, eventually coming out victoriously, 3-6, 6-2, 7-6 (7-5). Cooke also won the No. 1 doubles court alongside Haley Cohen ’18, 8-3. Charlotte Aaron ’18 and Sarita Biswas ’16 earned the other doubles victory for the team on the No. 3 doubles court, 8-5. 

Aaron and Cohen took their winning ways onto the singles court as well. Cohen won on the No. 2 court 6-3, 6-2 while Aaron defeated her opponent by the same score on the No. 6 court. 

Judges 9, Endicott 0

The Judges shutout the visiting Gulls on Thursday afternoon. This time, Maya Vasser ’16 was the most dominant player on the court for the Judges. In the No. 2 doubles match, Vasser and Dylan Schlesinger ’15 won 8-1, while Vasser was also victorious 6-0, 6-0 on the No. 4 singles court. 

Once again on the No. 3 doubles court, Aaron and Biswas continued their impressive chemistry, this time winning 8-1. Aaron also earned a victory for the team on the No. 5 singles court, 6-2, 6-2. 

Cohen and Cooke won again on the No. 1 doubles court, beating their opponents 8-5. 

Instead of Cooke, Cohen got the nod this time on the No. 1 singles court, easily defeating her opponent 6-1, 6-1. 

Danielle Simms ’18 closed out the shutout for the Judges, winning her match in straight sets, 6-3, 6-3. 

Both teams will be at the UAA conference tournament in Florida this weekend, with games scheduled Friday through Sunday.