'The Tech Project'

Jan. 30 to 31

Rachel Liff ’16, head of the Undergraduate Theater Collective, wrote in an email to the Justice that “this is a show with no actors, told entirely through the technical parts of theater.” The production is co-sponsored by Brandeis Ensemble Theater and Brandeis Players.

'Brandeis Cares'

Feb. 27

Typanium Euphorium’s annual charity show raises money for Broadway Cares, a nonprofit theater organization that supports HIV prevention and treatment.

‘For Colored Girls Who have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf’

March 5 to 8

Ntozake Shange’s choreopoem was the first of its kind: a play that featured dance, poetry, music and song to convey emotions and imply a narrative. The play consists of a series of poetic monologues that describe how seven women have suffered oppression in a racist and sexist society. The show is co-sponsored by Brandeis Players and Brandeis Ensemble Theater.

'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee'

March 19 to 22

This long one-act musical comedy follows six quirky middle-school students as they compete in their local spelling bee. The show is notable for its audience participation—four audience members are invited to compete in the spelling bee alongside the characters. The play is sponsored by Tympanium Euphorium.

'Legally Blonde: The Musical'

March 26 to 29

Hilarity ensues when sorority president and fashion major Elle Woods decides that she wants to attend Harvard Law School in order to win back an ex-boyfriend. The production is sponsored by Hillel Theater Group.

'Distance'

March 26 to 29

This is an original work written by Sarah Waldron ’17 and is sponsored by Brandeis Players.

Boris’ Kitchen’s Spring Show

April 24 to 25
Improvisation group Boris’ Kitchen performs an annual sketch comedy show. The production is sponsored by Boris’ Kitchen.
‘Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World’
TBD
Brandeis Players will present Suzan-Lori Parks’ play that brings together a variety of black stereotypes.