The Rose Art Museum will open its doors for its highly anticipated opening on Wednesday, Sept. 10. The opening will encompass the second lighting of the new permanent installation outside the entrance, “Light of Reason,” created by Chris Burden. It will also feature the unveiling of four new exhibits—one video installation, one installment of the Rose Project series, a Collection in Focus (works from the Museum’s permanent collection) and an exhibit featuring works by artist Mark Bradford. Artists Chris Burden, Mark Bradford and Magnus Plessen will be in attendance to view the openings of the exhibits featuring their works.

The new exhibits will open in the early evening followed by the dedication and lighting of the “Light of Reason.” During the lighting, the Lydian String Quartet will perform. Following the lighting, folk band The Antlers will perform and refreshments will be served from food trucks located near the Rose, according to curatorial assistant at the Rose, Caitlin Rubin.

In an interview with the Justice, Rubin wrote that “Light of Reason” artist Chris Burden will attend and participate in the lighting but did not say which particular role he would have. Rubin mentioned that speakers at the lighting will include President Frederick Lawrence, Chairman of the Brandeis University Board of Trustees Perry Traquina ’78, Chair of the Rose Art Museum’s Board of Advisors Lizbeth Krupp and the Henry and Lois Foster Director of the Rose Art Museum Christopher Bedford.

But the Rose has also extended an invitation to the festivities beyond the Brandeis community. “We’ve extended invitations to members of the broader Boston arts community, including curators and directors at nearby institutions, and expect that they will be in attendance in addition to museum and gallery professionals traveling a greater distance,” Rubin wrote in an email to the Justice. “We’ll also be posting flyers at other nearby schools to generate student interest beyond Brandeis,” she added.

According to Rubin’s email, the choice to invite The Antlers was made thoughtfully, “We consulted with Brandeis students to find a band that would be fitting for the event. We hope that this concert is the first of many events that will take place beneath Burden’s lampposts, taking inspiration from the installation to activate a space that was formerly underutilized,” she wrote in an email to the Justice.

“Rose Video 04” will be on view in the Rose Video gallery. The website mentions that Alex Hubbard, the artist, “works in a variety of media to explore and break down the arrangement and production of images, playing with the composition and subsequent manipulation of ordinary objects” The exhibit will feature Hubbard’s Annotated Plans for an Evacuation (2009) and a recently completed painting.

Another installation of an ongoing project: Rose Projects will open in the Lower Rose Gallery. Bedford said in an interview with the Justice, published in an article on April 8 that the project strives to “look thematically across the history of art” and focus on the “voice of the curator.”

This installation of the project is called 1914: Magnus Plessen. The exhibit is described on the website as exhibiting “recent work by Magnus Plessen alongside the historical material to which Plessen’s work is tied, documents of the experience and traumatic injuries of WWI.”

Mark Bradford: Sea Monsters, located in the Gerald S. and Sandra Feinberg Gallery will show the recent work by artist Mark Bradford. The press release for the exhibit states that it features “major new paintings and sculptures inspired by 16th- and 17th-century decorative sea maps [and]... a monumentally scaled installation created specifically... for the museum’s glass-fronted Lois Foster Wing.”

The hype surrounding the event has been building with the numerous posts on social media over the summer, the looming, unfinished installation that greeted students as they came back to campus and the preview of the lighting during Orientation. But luckily, from the description of the ceremonies, it looks as though the opening will live up to expectations.