Three players on the Brandeis basketball teams were named to the College Sports Communication (CSC) Academic All-District Team for the 2023-2024 season. On the men’s side, Ryan Power ’24 was honored, and on the women’s team, Francesca Marchese M’25 and Katherine Vaughan ’26 both took home the award.

To be selected for the All-District Team, the CSC requires that student-athletes maintain a 3.50 GPA for the year and either play in 90 percent of their team’s games or start in 66 percent of them. For Power and Marchese, it is their second straight year receiving the award.

All three Judges were also selected as finalists for the CSC Academic All-America ballot. National honorees will be announced on April 16.

Power played in 22 of 25 games for the Judges this season, averaging 7.3 points and 3.7 rebounds. He averaged 2.5 assists per game, good for second-best on the team and eighth-best in the conference. On the defensive end, he ranked seventh conference-wide in steals per game. Power, a Health: Science, Society, and Policy major, has been selected to the Dean’s List six times, is a three-time honoree of the University Athletic Association All-Academic team, and received the Charlie Napoli ’58 Scholar-Athlete Award in 2023. He has a GPA of 3.84, as of this year. Power will enroll at Tufts University Medical School next year. 

Marchese averaged 5.6 points and 1.9 rebounds per game while starting and playing in all 25 contests for the Judges this year. She tied her career-high in points this season, scoring 15 in an 88-72 win at Salem State University. Marchese is a Business and Psychology major currently pursuing an M.B.A. at Brandeis. As of 2023, she has been selected to the Dean’s List four times and the UAA All-Academic team three times. She finished her undergraduate career with a GPA of 3.70 and was also a recipient of the Stephen J. Cloobeck ’83 Endowed Fellowship for Entrepreneurship.

Vaughan was second on the women’s team in scoring, averaging 7.9 points per game; her 5 rebounds per game was good enough for third best. She also set the single-season blocked shots record for the school, with 40. As a Sophomore, Vaughan has a GPA of 3.78 and is yet to declare her major. She has been on the Dean’s List every semester of her Brandeis career and was named to the UAA All-Academic team this year. She will study abroad in Madrid next semester with a focus on Spanish Literature and History. 

Additionally, 92 Judges were named to the 2023-2024 winter UAA All-Academic team, meaning they were both sophomores in academic standing and maintained a 3.30 GPA.