“Jury Duty” is a weekly column that spotlights different Brandeis student-athletes. Please email sports@thejustice.org if you would like to nominate someone. We hope to bridge the gap between student-athletes and non student-athletes by highlighting relatable content to make the community feel more approachable. If you see a highlighted athlete around campus, introduce yourself! Or head to Gosman and cheer them on.

Bhakti Parwani ’25, a member of the Brandeis women’s tennis team, was recently named one of the Brandeis Athletes of the Week for the week of April 3 as a result of her outstanding performances on the court. Parwani led the Judges to back-to-back 9-0 wins on Thursday, March 28 against Springfield College and Friday, March 29 against Trinity College. She went undefeated and was at the No. 1 singles position against Springfield with a 6-2, 6-2 win, and got another 6-2, 6-2 win against Trinity at the No. 2 singles spot. With her doubles partner, Rebecca Suarez ’26, Parwani also had a 2-0 week, ending the week with a 12-2 double record for the year.

Last spring, Parwani racked up several University Athletic Association honors — she was the Feb. 27 UAA Women’s Tennis Player of the Week, a 2023 UAA Spring All-Academic Recognition Honoree and on the 2023 All-UAA second-team at No. 2 for singles. This year she leads the Judges with her success and is 6-6 in singles wins, making her third on the team overall.

Off the court, Parwani is the secretary and treasurer for the Student-Athletes of Color Group, an Undergraduate Department Representative for the Mathematics Department and the Director of Academic Affairs for the Brandeis Student Union. Her current favorite music artist to listen to is Cigarettes After Sex and she enjoys chocolate chip ice cream. Outside of Gosman Sports and Convocation Center, she likes to hang out around Einstein Bros. Bagels and a fun fact is that she recently found out that a seal is her spirit animal.

The women’s tennis team takes on Skidmore College on Saturday, April 13 at 2:00 p.m. at home. Head on down to Gosman to cheer on Parwani and the women's tennis team or feel free to say hi if you see her around campus! Roll Deis!

— Editor's Note: Sports staff writer Rebecca Suarez ’26 is a member of the Brandeis women's tennis team and did not contribute to any part of this article.