“Jury Duty” is a weekly column that spotlights different Brandeis student-athletes. Please email sports@thejustice.org if you would like to nominate someone. We hope to bridge the gap between student-athletes and non student-athletes by highlighting relatable content to make the community feel more approachable. If you see a highlighted athlete around campus, introduce yourself! Or head to Gosman and cheer them on.

Franchesca Marchese M’24, a member of the Brandeis women’s basketball team, just concluded an impressive basketball career at Brandeis and recently broke the program’s three-point record with 171 three-pointers. Camila Casanueva ’22 previously held the record at 169 career three-pointers made, but Marchese’s sharp shooting shattered that in her final home game/senior game on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2024.

Marchese’s Brandeis basketball career is topped off not only with this record-breaking achievement but she also has accumulated accolades such as the 2023 Athletic Director’s Award and she was a 2022-2023 University Athletic Association Winter All-Academic Recognition Honoree. A four-time member of the Dean’s List and two-time UAA All-Academic recipient, the Business and Psychology major will be an MBA candidate at the Brandeis International Business School and plans to graduate in the fall of 2024.

Off the court, Marchese spends most of her time at the Brandeis International Business School but used to love hanging out in the Mandel Center for Humanities. Her favorite artists are primarily country artists, such as Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs and Dan & Shay. When the weather gets warmer, Marchese loves to cool down with some cookie dough ice cream. 

Throughout her five year career, Marchese was a three time captain for Brandeis women’s basketball, as an undergraduate she was a sportswriter for the Hoot, a member of Student Union in 2021-2022 and a DEI Intern in 2022-2023. She is heavily involved in leadership development, and Marchese has been a Teaching Assistant for two graduate classes at IBS. Congratulations to Franchesca on such a successful Brandeis career! And don’t hesitate to say hello if you see her around campus! Go Judges!