“Jury Duty” is a weekly column that spotlights different Brandeis student-athletes. Please email sports@thejustice.org if you would like to nominate someone. We hope to bridge the gap between student-athletes and non student-athletes by highlighting relatable content to make the community feel more approachable. If you see a highlighted athlete around campus, introduce yourself! Or head to Gosman and cheer them on. 

Eddie Zanor M’25 is a member of the Brandeis Baseball team, and recently had a standout week as the Judges competed against several different teams. In the team’s first win of the season against Trinity College, Zanor went two for four at the plate, putting up a team-high of four runs batted in. The first baseman also drove in two runs with a single in Brandeis’ defeat against Tufts University.

Not only has Zanor’s bat been hot offensively, but the transfer graduate student has played key defense in the Judges’ sweep of the Massachusetts Maritime Academy. Zanor came to the mound from first base in the bottom of the sixth inning in the second game and only allowed two runs over three innings. Against Eastern Nazarene College, Zanor almost hit for a cycle, meaning he almost hit a single, double, triple and a homerun all in one game. He tallied all of these hits except for a triple, going four for five with two runs batted in. Zanor has truly stayed hot offensively, and hit his third home run of his career on Sunday, March 17.

While not on the field, Zanor enjoys listening to artists such as Drake, Dua Lipa and Luke Combs. He enjoys hanging out at the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center and having cookie dough ice cream when the weather gets warmer. Head on down to Stein Diamond to cheer on Zanor and the rest of the Brandeis baseball team!