"Jury Duty" is a weekly column that spotlights different athletes. Please email sports@thejustice.org if you would like to nominate a Brandeis athlete. We hope to bridge the gap between student athletes and non student athletes by highlighting relatable content to make the community feel more approachable. If you see a highlighted athlete around campus, introduce yourself! Or head to Gosman and cheer them on.

Sam Adusei ’24, a senior guard for the men’s basketball team, was recently honored as one of the Brandeis Judges’ Athletes of the Week. Adusei, the leader in overall points scored, has dominated the court and led his team to several recent victories. The team’s win over Rhode Island College was powered by Adusei’s strong second half, scoring a game-high 18 points in the second half today to lead the team to a 66-51 non-conference victory.

In the UAA Challenge Tournament, Adusei put up another 18 points to lead the Judges to a decisive victory over Bates College. Although the Judges held the lead the entire game, only faltering at the end and pulling away with the win after a close 4th quarter, Adusei remained poised and in control of the ball. The next day against Colby College, Adusei kept up the intensity, dropping double figures yet again with 15 points, supported by a strong showing at the free throw line. With four assists and four steals, he hit five out of 13 of his attempted shots.

Off the court, Sam noted that he enjoys listening to “rap, electric, and overall good music.” Some of his favorite artists include Kanye West and Travis Scott. You can find Adusei in his room or in the gym in Gosman, and when the warmer weather hits, his favorite ice cream flavor to enjoy is almond joy. In his free time, one of his hobbies is playing chess. Support Sam on the court in Auerbach Arena at Gosman.