A special Student Union election took place on Wednesday, Oct. 26. The nine winners of the open seats were announced, save for the election for the East Quad Senator, which resulted in a tie. 

Allocations Board

Aaron Klein ’26 secured the open seat on the Allocations Board, which is responsible for establishing the budgets for Chartered and Secured Clubs from the Student Activities Fund. Klein wrote in his bio that if elected, he would “like to work for greater university backing for student clubs and organizations on campus.” 

Undergraduate Curriculum Committee

Mar Manolioudaki ’26 and Tasha Epstein ’25 won the two open seats on the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. 

Manolioudaki, an international student from Greece, said in her bio that she plans to advocate for the student body “when it comes to reviewing academic rules and regulations,” and hopes to make study abroad opportunities more accessible for students. 

Epstein, who cited previous advocacy and leadership experience in her candidate bio, aims to “make the voices of undergraduate students heard in developing and evaluating academic regulations and curricular activities.”

CEEF Representative

Ariel Schultz ’25 secured the position of a representative on the Community Emergency and Enhancement Fund. Schultz is from Brooklyn, New York but currently lives in Bergenfield, New Jersey, and is interested in pursuing a double major in American Studies and Theater Arts. 

Senator at Large

Lyla Chereau ’25, Chloe Doonan ’26, and Tako Mikhelashvili ’26 will fill the three open Senator at Large positions. 

Chereau served as the president of her high school’s student council and in the first year of the pandemic, founded the organization Impacts in Isolation “to unite student led initiatives around the globe through a time of isolation and despair.” As a Senator, she hopes to promote “Mental Health, Sustainability, Multiculturalism, and Women in STEM” at the University. 

Doonan is from Ipswich, Massachusetts, where she worked on local campaigns. She plans to increase awareness of mental health on campus and advocate for more resources. In her candidate bio, she wrote that she will work hard “to ensure there is representation for every student by voicing each and everyone of your concerns.”

Mikhelashvili is an international student from Tbilisi, Georgia. Before attending Brandeis, she served as one of six prefects at her school and helped found a School Culture Committee. As a senator, she hopes to increase outdoor studying spaces and help make the BranVan more reliable. 

Class of 2023 Senator

Jesse Wu ’23 secured the position of senator for the class of 2023. Originally from China, Wu has lived in the United States for 10 years. She plans to advocate for both international and domestic students on campus, particularly concerning improving the quality of food at the dining halls and class schedules. Wu also hopes to “create more opportunities for students to build connections with Brandeis Alumni.”

Class of 2024 Senator

Zev Carlyle ’24 won the open seat for the Class of 2024 senator. In his home state of Washington, Carlyle served as a Senate page and helped write a “policy agenda for a coalition of chambers of commerce.” As Senator, he hopes to increase student access to Boston museums, conferences, and other events; create an index of campus resources; provide portable charging units; and institute a bike share system on campus.