Students can contact the Brandeis Counseling Center 24/7 at 781-736-3730. The Golding Health Center can be reached at 781-239-1948.

If students need urgent care, they can reach the Brandeis University Emergency Medical Corps 24/7 at 781-736-3333. The nearest emergency room is Newton-Wellesley Hospital at 2014 Washington Street, Newton, Massachusetts 02462. The National Suicide Hotline can be reached by dialing 988.

The Dean of Students Office and the Office of Graduate Student Affairs will be open Monday through Wednesday this week. The Division of Student Affairs will be open the whole week through Thanksgiving break, per a statement from Interim Vice President for Student Affairs Andrea Dine on Sunday. Students can reach out to Student Accessibility Support at access@brandeis.edu. Director of Student Accessibility Support Cara Streit and Vice Provost for Academic Affairs Kim Godsoe encouraged students to reach out to SAS, their specific academic advisor, and/or individual faculty members to answer any questions and get support.

Brandeis Health and Wellness Promotion will have therapy dogs, snacks, and arts & crafts at the Shapiro Campus Center TV Lounge across from the Carl J. Shapiro Campus Center Theater on Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and there will crafts and coloring in the SCC on Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Center for Spiritual Life will be open Monday through Wednesday this week. Students can reach the multi-faith chaplaincy at 781-736-3570. Students can also contact the Center for Spiritual Life via email at slife@brandeis.edu. Both the Center and Brandeis Hillel continue to upload resources and support on their respective Instagram pages: @SpiritualLifeBrandeis and @Brandeis_Hillel.

The Student Union has placed a banner in the Shapiro Campus Center Atrium where community members can leave sticky notes with well-wishes and other messages of support for those involved in the crash. Students are also able to add songs that “give them strength” to a “Strength, Love, and Healing” Spotify playlist that will play in the Atrium.

Staff and faculty who may be struggling with this loss can receive assistance through the Employee Assistance Program

The Brandeis Emergency Fund is available to active undergraduate and graduate students experiencing unexpected financial emergencies that typically affect their ability to complete their studies and when other resources are not available.

The Fund is allocated a maximum total budget of $200,000 per year, and it primarily provides resources to students with medium-to-high demonstrated financial need (students with an Expected Family Contribution of approximately $35,000 or below, as determined by the FAFSA) who are experiencing unexpected financial emergencies when no other funds are available. Before receiving emergency funds, students are expected to employ all other sources of funding, including federal loan funds if applicable to the student. The Brandeis Emergency Fund website states that students with medium, low, or no demonstrated financial need are not typically allocated emergency funding. The maximum amount of funds a student can receive in an academic year is $2,000 (this amount will be prorated if the student is attending for less than a full academic year).

If you are aware of a high-needs student, undergraduate or graduate, who wants or needs to travel home earlier than expected, please direct them to complete an application for emergency funds. More information can be found on the Fund’s website, available here.