The Waltham Public Library will host a series of Halloween-themed events geared toward families within the community. The event organizers plan to hold a festive concert on Sunday, Oct. 24 on the front lawn of the Francis Buttrick Library located on Main Street. The concert will feature performances by the Toe Jam Puppet Band. According to the information provided on the library event calendar, the band will perform at 1:30 p.m. and at 3:30 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to come in costumes. The event is supported by funding from the Massachusetts Cultural Council administered by the Waltham Cultural Council.

On Oct. 30, the lawn will serve as the location for the annual Halloween Storytime and Costume Parade. The event will include songs, interactive storytelling and children’s activities, such as bubbles and dancing. The event will begin in the morning at 10 a.m., according to the Waltham Public Library website. The library also plans to host a Zoom event entitled “Spooky Skeleton Face Painting” for “big kids,” which continues to be promoted on the library’s Facebook page. Programming both in person on the library lawn and online is the main way for the library to connect with children, offer opportunities to learn and celebrate joyous holidays in the Waltham community.