Approaching fall and winter seasons, the University held multiple flu clinics in preparation for flu season. The Health Center website says that “flu season starts in the fall and usually peaks in January or February.” The University has been holding flu clinics for the Brandeis community for many years, including last year’s open walk-in flu clinic during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

The first clinic was community-wide and took place from Oct. 4 to 6, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Hassenfeld Conference Center, according to the Flu Shot Clinic website. This clinic was open to the whole Brandeis community, including students, staff, faculty, family, friends and the Waltham community. To sign up, individuals just clicked on a link on the Flu Shot Clinic website, which showed a calendar with available appointment dates and times. The website listed rules for individuals coming to get the vaccine: bring their consent form for the vaccination and an insurance card and wear a mask at all times. Similarly to other on-campus locations, Brandeis community members had to show a green or yellow campus passport, while visitors had to fill out the Daily Health Assessment and have proof of their results. 

In addition to administering flu vaccines, the clinic offered free COVID-19 booster shots for those who were eligible.The website `clarified that no separate appointment was necessary. If qualified, an individual could receive the booster shot at their flu vaccine appointment. 

The second clinic took place from Oct. 7 to 8 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Golding Health Center, located in the Stoneman Building, and was specifically for Brandeis students to receive free flu shots. In order to book an appointment, students could either call the Health Center number or sign up via the secure patient portal. On the website, it says that, in addition to this clinic, students can also receive a flu shot at any other time by scheduling an appointment with the Health Center.