Students will vote on April 7 for five high-level Student Union positions for next semester: President and Vice President, Secretary, Head Treasurer and Junior Representative to the Board of Trustees.

The day before the elections, the Union will hold a debate between the candidates. Chief of Elections Alex Park ’22 sent an April 5 email to students with candidate bios and a Zoom link for the debate.

President:

Krupa Sourirajan ’23 is running for Student Union President. Sourirajan, who is currently Vice President, said in her bio that she would prioritize communication with the administration and advocate for the student body.

Nancy Zhai ’22 is running for Student Union President. Zhai is currently Director of Residential Life. In her bio, Zhai said that she wants to make housing selection easier and more equitable.She also wants to improve the scale and quality of mental health services at Brandeis.

Vice president:

Courtney Thrun ’22 is running for Vice President on the Sourirajan ticket. Thrun is currently a senator and chair of the Services and Outreach Committee.

Benjamin Topol ’24 is running for Vice President on the Zhai ticket. Topol is currently a senator and chair of the Facilities, Housing, and Transportation Committee.

Secretary:

James Feng ’22 is running unopposed for the Secretary position. One of Feng’s plans is to recognize the many clubs at Brandeis and “spread the word on … what they have to offer.”

Head treasurer:

Amanda Shneider ’22 is running unopposed for the position of Head Treasurer. Shneider, who has been involved with the treasury since her first semester at Brandeis, said in her bio that she wants to improve the functionality of the Presence platform.

Junior representative to the Board of Trustees:

Inaara Gilani ’23 is running unopposed for the position of Junior Rep. to the Board of Trustees. Gilani said in her bio that she wants to increase honesty and transparency on the University’s part by using her position to communicate issues to the administration.