North Quad Area Coordinator Josh Adlerman left his position on Friday “to pursue another opportunity in [his] home state of New Jersey,” according to a Feb. 28 email to North Quad residents. 

In the email, Adlerman explained that his departure is “bittersweet.” “It is certainly unfortunate that I am unable to remain at Brandeis for the remainder of the school year,” Adlerman wrote in a March 3 email to the Justice. 

However, Adlerman said that he has worked with Community Advisors to ensure a smooth transition in the wake of his departure. 

“I have been working closely with my CA staff to ensure that they are prepared to troubleshoot through the semester, and that they know how to access any resources they may need to best support the North Quad community,” he wrote.

The Department of Community Living is currently looking for his replacement. At this point, there is no timeline for the hiring process. Along with CAs, Assistant Area Coordinator of Reitman Hall Winnie Rugamba and Associate Director of Community Living and Orientation Scott Berozi will serve as resources for North Quad residents. 

Adlerman urged residents in his Feb. 28 email to be “extra-communicative” with CAs, explaining that reaching out to CAs for “any/all assistance will help ease the transition for both Scott and Winnie.”