Boston’s first recreational marijuana store is set to open Monday, March 9, according to a March 6 Boston.com article.

The same article reported that the store is called Pure Oasis and is opening in Dorchester, about four miles south of Downtown Boston. The store will be open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day of the week.

A March 6 Boston Globe article reported that Pure Oasis is the first shop to open through an economic empowerment program designed to ensure that money made from the legalization of marijuana benefits communities impacted by the War on Drugs, run by the state of Massachusetts.

The same article reported that the shop is being opened by Kobie Evans and Kevin Hart, and that the two applied to the economic empowerment program in 2018.

The Boston.com article explained that although this is the first recreational marijuana shop to open in Boston, weed has been legally sold in Massachusetts for 15 months, and its use has been legal for over three years.

Evans and Hart released a statement saying, “‘On behalf of the entire team at Pure Oasis, we are excited to reach this important moment where we will open our doors as the first retail cannabis business in Boston and as the first economic empowerment candidate in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,”’ according to a March 5 Waltham Wicked Local article.

The store will open in Dorchester, despite Evans and Hart originally wanting it to be downtown, in part because no brokers called the two back while they were initially searching, according to the Boston Globe article.