MEDICAL EMERGENCY

Dec. 9 — In the Shapiro Science Center, a party reported not feeling well. BEMCo treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Dec.  9 — A party in Reitman Hall reported an allergic reaction. BEMCo responded to the scene, and the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via Cataldo Ambulance.

Dec. 9 — Brandeis Counseling Center staff requested an ambulance for a party. Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

Dec. 10 — In Scheffres Hall, there was a report of a party who had low blood sugar. BEMCo staff and University Police responded to the scene. Cataldo Ambulance responded to the scene, but the party was treated with a signed refusal for further care.

Dec. 10 — A party in Scheffres Hall reported that they hurt their wrist while at the gym. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Dec. 11 — There was a medical emergency for a party in Ridgewood B feeling ill. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Dec. 13 — BEMCo responded to a party in Ridgewood B who had chest pain. Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care, and the Area Coordinator on call was notified. 

Dec. 14 — A party in the Charles River Apartments had flu-like symptoms. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care. 

Dec. 14 — BEMCo staff treated a party in Ziv 129 who stepped on a pencil, with a signed refusal for further care. 

Dec. 16 — A caller stated that her friend in Usdan Student Center was too weak to walk to the Health Center. The subject was given a ride to Urgent Care by University Police, because the Health Center was closed. The subject was was checked out by BEMCo with a signed refusal for further care.

Dec. 17 — In Usen Hall, a party did not feel well after taking her medication. BEMCo, University Police, Cataldo Ambulance and the Area Coordinator on call all responded to the scene. The party was transported via Cataldo Ambulance to Newton–Wellesley Hospital for further care. University Police made contact with the BCC regarding the party’s status for follow-up by the BCC later.

Jan. 2 — A party in Feldberg Computer Science Center was transported to Newton–Wellesley Hospital because of back pain.

Jan. 7 — There was a report of a party with a heachache in Goldsmith Hall. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via Cataldo Ambulance for further care.

Jan. 14 — A party in Lemberg reported a hand injury. BEMCo responded, and the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital by University Police for further care.

Jan. 15 — In the Usdan Student Center, a party was weak and dizzy. BEMCo responded to the scene, and the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The Area Coordinator on call was notified.

Jan. 15 —  A party in the Mandel Center for the Humanities suffered from chest pain. The party was treated by BEMCo staff with a signed refusal for further care.

Jan. 15 — BCC staff requested University Police, and a party was transported to Newton–Wellesley Hospital via Cataldo Ambulance for further care. The Area Coordinator on call was notified.

Jan. 15 — A party in Rosenthal Residence Quad reported a fever and heachache. BEMCo treated the party and the University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Jan. 16 — BEMCo responded to a party in the Usdan Student Center who was feeling ill. University Police transported the party to University Health Services for further care.

Jan. 18 — A caller reported a roommate with alcohol related issues in the Hassenfeld Residence Hall. BEMCo and University Police responded, and the party was transported via Cataldo Ambulance to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The Area Coordinator on call was notified, and a Community Standards Report was filed on the incident.

Jan. 18 — In Shapiro Residence Hall, a party did not feel well and was treated by BEMCo and transported to Boston Children’s Hospital via Cataldo Ambulance. The Area Coordinator on call was notified.

Jan. 18 —  While on standby at the Levin Ballroom ice skating event, BEMCo staff treated a party with a hand laceration with a refusal for further care.

Jan. 19 — BEMCo and University Police responded to a party who was intoxicated in Deroy Hall. The party was transported via Cataldo Ambulance to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The Area Coordinator on call was notified and a Community Standards Report was filed on the incident.

LARCENY/THEFT

Jan. 15 — University Police compiled a report of a stolen NCAA banner in the Gosman Sports Complex. There was no known timeframe of when it went missing.

BURGLARY

Jan. 8 — A staff member in the Goldfarb Library reported a damaged door lock at the shipping and receiving access area. No access was gained to the area though. University Police compiled a report on the damage.

HARASSMENT

Dec. 20 — A staff member  in the Sachar International Center reported harassment via email. A report was composed.

Dec. 23 — In Public Safety, University Police composed a report on harassment via email.

Dec. 23 — In Public Safety, a community member reported harassment on the phone. A report was compiled and a trespass letter was mailed electronically.

Dec. 31 — There was a report of a harassing voicemail in the Heller School of Social Policy. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Jan. 2 — University Police composed a report from an email about a strange phone call left with staff at the Shapiro Admissions Center.

DISTURBANCE

Dec. 11 — Residents of Hassenfeld Residence Hall who were being loud were spoken to by University Police. They quieted down without incident.

Dec. 13 — There was a noise complaint in Village C for a few students studying and talking. They were advised of the final exam quiet hour rules.

Dec. 14 — In the Charles River Apartments there was a noise complaint. The residents were advised to lower their volume, because of final exam quiet hours.

Dec. 14 — Residents in the Charles River Apartments were advised to lower the volume of their music and complied without incident.

Dec. 16 — There was a report of students talking loud during quiet hours in Village C. A Community Advisor spoke to the parties, and no police action was required.

Dec. 19 — In Ziv 128, there was a noise complaint. Residents were advised to lower their music.

Jan. 9 — The Area Coordinator on call stated that the CA in the Foster Mods received a noise complaint. Upon speaking with the individuals, there was an odor of marijuana. The residents were advised to be quiet, and upon further discovery, the resident of the area provided a false name to University Police. A Community Standards Report was filed on the incident by the police.

Jan. 14 — There was a report of an employee in the Usdan Student Center who was causing a disturbance and refusing to leave. The party was given a trespass warning and escorted off of the campus by University Police. An investigation into the incident followed.

Jan. 17 — On Charles River Road, there was a report of individuals walking in the area yelling and causing a disturbance. University Police checked the area and all was quiet upon arrival, with no one located in the area.

MISCELLANEOUS

Dec. 9 — There was a report of a raccoon stuck in a manhole by the Waltham Police and Fire Departments on Chapels Field. University Police were informed and a Waltham Fire Engine was dispatched to assist the animal. Waltham Fire attempted to rescue the animal, but it would not leave the manhole. 

Dec. 15 — A party reported a suspicious male in the Foster Mods. University Police checked the area and the party was gone upon arrival.

Dec. 20 — University Police received a call about a suspicious male possibly in distress flagging down cars on South Street at the Main Entrance. Police made contact with the male who was waiting for his Uber transport and waving down cars he believed were his ride. No further action was taken.

Dec. 31 — There was an unusual piece of mail received by Public Safety. A report was compiled.