Judges 89, Vikings 49

On Nov. 26, the Judges defeated Salem State University 89–49. The team scored 18 straight points in the first quarter, dominating SSU from the start. While SSU started the game by hitting a free throw, the Judges responded, scoring the next seventeen points. At half time, the Judges led by a score of 49–24, taking their sizeable lead into the third quarter. Outscoring SSU by 14 points in the fourth quarter, Brandeis improved to 4–1 on the season with their 40-point win. In the Judges' victory over SSU, 12 of the 13 players contributed to scoring, with Hannah Nicholson ’20 leading the team with 14 points. Nicholson was just shy of a double-double, recording nine rebounds with her 14 points. Emma Reavis ’23 and Katherine Puda ’21 also scored in double digits. 

Judges 99, Beavers 88

For the first time this season, the Judges were forced into overtime on Dec. 3. At halftime, however, the Judges were trailing 24–22. Late in the third quarter the Judges rebounded, opening up a 10–0 scoring run propelled by Samira Abdelrehim ’21. Leading into the end of the fourth quarter, Brandeis changed leads with Babson College  several times. With 12.4 seconds left in regulation in the fourth quarter, the Judges connected on a three-pointer, giving them a 74–72 lead. The game headed into overtime tied at 74, opening the scoring in overtime with an 8–2 run. The Judges finished in overtime after scoring 25 points, ultimately defeating Babson 99–88. 

Judges 74, Cougars 63

After defeating Clark University by a score of 74–63 on Dec. 5, the Judges improved to 6–1 on the season. Camila Casanueva ’21 led the team with her second 20-point game of the season, along with six assists and four rebounds. Also excelling offensively was Nicholson, putting up a 14-point and 12-rebound double-double. Also scoring in double digits was Jillian Petrie ’21. Excellent offensive play from the Judges gave them the lead at halftime, though the teams began the second half locked in a tight offensive battle. The Judges entered the fourth quarter with a 6–0 scoring run led by Reavis, as the team outscored Clark 13–7 in the fourth quarter, leading them to a victory that marked their best start to a season since 2014-15. 

Judges 83, Wildcats 55

Facing Johnson & Wales University on Dec. 7, the Judges improved to 7–1 overall with a commanding 83–55 win. The team also improved to 3–0 on the road. Offensively, Nicholson led the team with 20 points, shooting a season-high 80% from the field. Additionally, Abdelrehim and Lauren Rubinstein ’20 both scored in double digits, as the Judges’ bench outscored JWU 39–13. While the first quarter was close, with Brandeis narrowly in the lead, the Judges opened the second quarter by going on a 10–2 run. The score remained close in the third, with the Judges dominating in the fourth quarter, outscoring JWU 15–6. 

The Judges closed out the first semester on Dec. 9, at home against Becker College. This was the first meeting between the two teams.