Both the men and women’s swimming and diving teams continued their successful seasons this weekend against Clark University. The Judges celebrated their Senior Day meet with an overall sweeping victory of 21 out of 32 events. The women claimed a 153–116 victory, improving their overall record to 6–8. Men’s swimming won 182–91, making their seasonal record 6–5. All information courtesy of Brandeis Athletics website. 

The meet began with the team’s two seniors, Sabrina Greer ’19 and Kylie Herman ’19, leading both the men and women’s teams in a cheer of school pride. This meet was special for and dedicated to Greer and Herman because it was their last home meet at Linsey Sports Center. 

They both celebrated their swimming careers as they helped lead the women’s team to victory. Greer swam a personal best in the 50-yard butterfly with a time of 31.51 seconds, while Herman won the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 2:04.26 seconds. Later, in the 500-yard freestyle, the Judges claimed the top four spots, with Herman leading the team with a time of 5:34.69 seconds. Both Greer and Herman were crucial in the final race of the day, the 200-yard freestyle. Along with team members Adrienne Aponte ’20 and Lauren Howard ’22, Greer and Herman’s last race at Linsey Sports Center took first place with a time of 1:48.32s. The Brandeis B team relay, made of freshman swimmers Natalie Westrick, Gazelle Umbay, Olivia Stebbins and Claire Xu, ended only .07 seconds behind the A team. Both the A and B Brandeis relay teams were more than 8.5 seconds ahead of Clark University’s A team. In their first race of the day, the men began the meet with an amazing win in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:39.38 seconds. Benton Ferebee ’22 swam first, followed by Alex Wang ’22 , Tamir Sitelny ’20 and Marcelo Ohno-Machado ’21. They ended the relay an incredible 8 seconds before the next team. The Brandeis B team relay, made up of Thomas Alfer ’20, Jonathan Ayash ’22, Justin Wissberg ’20 and Rafi Rubenstein ’20 narrowly missed second place, with only 0.42 seconds between them and Clark University’s A team relay. With these two strong races to kick the meet off, the Judges went on to continue claiming sweeping victories. Daniel Wohl, a sophomore and overall men’s highest point winner, won the 500-yard freestyle with a 4:46.82 seconds, leaving an amazing 30 seconds between him and second place. In the 50-yard breaststroke, Wohl scrapped in a win with a time of 27.50 seconds. Chase Chen, also a sophomore, took first in both the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 49.94 seconds and the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:51.08 seconds. This victory comes just two weeks before the University Athletic Association (Feb 13-16) and the New England Intercollegiate Swimming and Diving Association Championships (Feb 21-24). Jonathan Ayash, a freshman, talks about how “Every day we come in ready to train smart and hard to be as prepared as possible. Both teams are looking to move up in ranking from last year.” After winning almost every event against Clark, the Judges are highly motivated to continue this success in the upcoming championships.