On Giving Tuesday, Encore Boston Harbor, a $2.6 billion waterfront casino and luxury hotel located near Logan International Airport, announced that it will commit $10 million over the next four years to support civic institutions and nonprofit organizations, according to a Nov. 27 press release on the company’s website. 

The press release explained that Encore Boston Harbor has a history of philanthropy in the Boston area. Previously, the company has donated to the Boston Pops, Wang Theatre, Disabled American Veterans and The Greater Lawrence Disaster Relief Fund. 

Matt Maddox, the chief executive officer of Wynn Resorts, the company that owns Encore Boston Harbor, said in the same press release, “It’s not in our corporate DNA to just write a check for a donation or buy a table at a charity event.” He explained that his company wants to “make an impactful difference in the lives of people and effect real and positive changes in our community.” 

Encore Boston Harbor will be partnering with the Connors Family Office, led by Boston philanthropist Jack Connors, for this initiative. A Nov. 29 Chelsea Record article quoted Connors as saying of Encore Boston Harbor, “It is impressive to see a new business make such a concerted effort to positively impact the surrounding community.”

The Connors Family Office and Encore Boston Harbor will work together to create an Advisory Committee that will aid in the disbursement of Encore Boston Harbor funds. In particular, the funds will go toward organizations that support at-risk-youth education, cultural enrichment programs and various local communities, according to the Chelsea Record.