The Judges improved this week, breaking their most recent four-game losing streak. They won the past three matches with an impressive match score of 3–0 against all three opponents. They have improved to 11–14 overall, and looking ahead, the Judges will face Wellesley College on Thursday. 

Judges 3, Trinity 0

The Judges were victorious for their third straight game with a score of 3–0, improving their record to 11–14 for the season. After their victory against the Pioneers, they entered their match against Trinity College with power as they went on to win with set scores of 25–15, 25–18 and 25–19, according to the Brandeis Athletics website. Once again, Emma Bartlett ’20 was the team’s overwhelming leader. With an impressive 12 kills and no errors in 21 attempts, she set up the team for a strong finish with her .571 hit percentage. Shea Decker-Jacoby ’19  added 11 kills, and Kaitlyn Oh ’22 totalled 24 digs. Stephanie Borr ’22 had ten digs, and Marissa Borgert ’21 finished with a career-best 43 assists.

Judges 3, Smith 0

The Judges pulled off their second match in a row in which won all three sets against Smith College, improving Brandeis to 10–14 for the season.  The set scores that favored the Judges in this match were 25–11, 25–16 and  25–11, proving that the Judges are a force to be reckoned with. Demolishing the Pioneers in every set, the Judges pulled out a total of 33 kills and only 11 errors in a total of 74 attacks. As the team leader for the Judges, Bartlett contributed eight kills, the team high for this match while Borgert and Belle Scott ’21 contributed six kills each. The Judges played an impressive defensive game as well with team leader in defense Oh’s 15 digs and Grace Krumpack’s ’19 12 digs. 

The Judges played an all-around impressive match with a .297 hit percentage, 7.0 blocks, 45 digs and 11 aces.

Judges 3, Worcester State 0

Breaking their four-game losing streak, the Judges pulled off an impressive victory demolishing the Worcester State University Lancers. The Judges improved to 9-14 with this match that had set scores of 25–19, 25–22 and 25–20, according to Brandeis Athletics website. The first set began as a tight match for the two teams, who were tied at a score of 18 before the Judges were able to pull out a 7–1 run to make Brandeis victorious. When faced with the second set, the Judges quickly maintained a lead at 5–1. However, the Lancers tied the score at five, before the Judges fought harder to push ahead and not fall behind again. In the third set, the two teams remained close for the beginning of the set. After a tied score at 11, the Judges scored the set’s next 11 points and ultimately took the set and the match. 

This match against Worcester State University marked a season best for Borr. She had 11 kills and 12 digs, marking her first double-double. Bartlett provided nine kills for the team, and Marlee Nork ’19 provided 23 assists. Borgert dished 16 assists as well. 

Catch the Judges next when they take on Wellesley College on Thursday at 7 p.m.