The men’s and women’s tennis teams both wrapped up their fall seasons with two different matches. The men’s team attended the Tufts-Deis Invitational that was held at both Brandeis and Tufts Universities, and the women’s team attended the Middlebury Hidden Duals at Middlebury College. The teams continue to fight a strong set of matches against their opponents.

Tufts-Deis Invitational

At the Tufts-Deis Invitational, the Judges prevailed mostly in their doubles matches. According to the Brandeis Athletics website, Jackson Kogan ’19 and Adam Tzeng ’22 worked their way to the semifinals as a result of the ‘A’ doubles draw. Kogan and Tzeng were both  top-seeded and conquered players from both the teams from Williams College and Bowdoin College. Afterwards, however, the two fell to Amherst College — the fourth-seeded team — in the semifinals. Anupreeth Coramutla ’21 and Colt Tegtmeier ’21, an unseeded duo, impressively climbed their way to the semifinals as a result of the ‘B’ draw. The pair defeated duos from Williams College and Middlebury College before being beaten in the semifinals by the team of Damien Ruparel and Jesse Levitin of Amherst College.

The Judges of the men’s team also played with passion in their singles matches, sending two players to the quarter finals. Kogan, who was third-seeded, beat Tuft’s Akash Verma and Wesleyan’s Princeton Carter. It was not until the quarterfinals that he fell to Amherst College’s Will Tuchetta. Tyler Ng ’19 defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Arman Dave and Williams College’s Peter Frelinghuysen. Ng lost in the quarterfinals to Amherst Colleges' Damien Ruparel.

Additionally, it is important to note that in the ‘A’ draw, three Judges won their first-round matches, but did not advance after these matches. Tzeng and Rajan Vohra ’21 both defeated seeded players of other teams. This resulted in a great upset, as Tzeng conquered Amherst Colleges' Adam Ma, who was fourth-seeded. Vohra beat Middlebury Colleges'  Nate Eazor, who was seventh-seeded. Coramulta defeated Bowdoin College’s Alan Delmen.

Middlebury Hidden Duals

At the Middlebury Hidden Duals, the women’s team finished out their exciting fall season playing Williams College and Middlebury College. According to the Brandeis Athletics website, these matches were head-to-head, and the Judges performed very strongly.

Lauren Bertsch ’21 was one of the strongest players on the team this weekend, contributing much to the success of the team as a whole. She won a doubles contest and two singles matches. Along with Olivia Leavitt ’21, Bertsch defeated Williams College’s Maxine Ng and Emily Zheng before falling to Middlebury College’s duo of Ann Martin Skelly and Christina Puccinelli. Bertsch and Leavitt defeated Martin Skelly and Puccinelli  8–3 on Saturday and 8–1 on Sunday. In singles, Bertsch defeated Ng with scores of 6–1, 2–6 and 10–3 and Middlebury College’s Emily Bian with scores of 7–6 (7–4) and 6–2.

Keren Khromchenko ’19 also aided the Judges with victories in singles as well. She defeated Middlebury’s Bian and Williams’s Zheng. Sophie He ’19 also beat Skelly, and Ana Hatfield ’22 beat Middlebury’s Nora Dahl.

The Judges have now concluded their fall season. Both the men’s and women’s tennis teams have had impressive seasons so far, performing with great strength in both singles and doubles play. The teams will return in the spring for their next set of matches, where they will vie for more victories and take on University Athletic Association rivals. Upon their return, the Judges have the opportunity to further improve their game. With their current dedication and teamwork, they will be even more of a force to be reckoned with.