Medical Emergency

October 9—BEMCo staff treated a party with an ankle injury at Goldfarb Library. University Police transported the party to urgent care for further care.

October 10—BEMCo staff treated a party that was not feeling well at 60 Turner Street. The party refused further care.

October 10—A party reported chest pains at the University’s main entrance. BEMCo staff treated the party and University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

October 11—A party at Kutz Hall was not feeling well. BEMCo treated the party and Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The Area Coordinator On Call was notified.

October 11—BEMCo staff treated a party in Skyline Residence Hall who was feeling light-headed after rock climbing. The party refused further care.

October 12—BEMCo staff treated a party at the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center who had lacerated their hand. The party signed a refusal for further care. 

October 12—Brandeis Counseling Center staff compiled a Section #12 Psychological Temporary Involuntary Hospitalization form. This led to the transportation of a party from the Foster Mods to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Cataldo Ambulance transported the party without incident.

LARCENY

October 8—University Police compiled a report on a bike that had been stolen since May 2018.

October 8—University Police received a report of a past incident of the fraudulent use of a student ID card. The card was canceled and University Police compiled a report.

October 10—University Police received a report of headphones that were left unattended in a common area being stolen.

DANGEROUS CONDITIONS

October 12—Brandeis Police initiated a Hazmat Response to a possible chemical incident at the Foster Mods. The Waltham Police and Fire Departments, as well as the University Department of Community Living and BEMCo staff, responded. Foster Mods were evacuated by the Waltham Fire Department. A MASS HAZMAT and science safety chemical officer were both on scene. The all-clear was given at 4:45 p.m. and residents were allowed to return to their apartments. 

DISTURBANCE

October 14—University Police received a noise complaint of loud music and yelling inside Ziv. They advised the residents to turn down their music’s volume, and residents complied without incident. 

—Compiled by Jocelyn Gould