Medical Emergency

August 3—Student requested a Cataldo ambulance for a party feeling weak, faint, vomiting and short of breath at Lemberg. University Police and Cataldo medics examined the party on scene. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital by a Cataldo ambulance for further care.

August 3—A woman had an unknown, possibly allergic, reaction in the Heller School of Social Policy and Management. Cataldo medics and Waltham Fire Department were present on scene. The party was transported with a signed refusal for further care.

August 8—A medical call was made at Slosberg Music Hall. An ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital.

August 22—A 70 year-old male reported chest pains at the Sachar International Center. The Waltham Fire Department and Cataldo medicsresponded; the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital by Cataldo, assisted by the Waltham Fire Department.

August 23—A party fell and rolled her ankle near Gordon. BEMCo and University Police responded; party was treated and transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

August 23—BEMCo was requested for an 18 year old male experiencing chest pain and difficulty breathing. BEMCo requested a Cataldo ambulance for the party. The Waltham Fire Department arrived on scene shortly before Cataldo. Cataldo transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

August 26—A party reporting migraine symptoms at the Charles River Apartments was treated by BEMCo staff with a signed refusal for further treatment.

August 27—University Police saw a traffic monitor trip and fall in the science lot. The party was treated at scene by BEMCo staff for slight confusion and transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital by Cataldo ambulance.

August 27—A student at the Usdan Student Center requested a blood sugar check from BEMCo after losing her pump. BEMCo assisted the party with signed refusal for further care.

August 27—BEMCo treated a party who struck their head on a television in Sherman. The party refused further care.

August 27—A Sherman employee received treatment for dizziness from BEMCo staff. The staff member refused further care.

August 27—BEMCo treated a party with a foot laceration at Ridgewood B, with a signed refusal for further care.

August 28—University Police and BEMCo responded to a male party at Sherman Dining Hall with an abrasion to his left leg. The party was treated and evaluated, with a signed refusal for further care.

August 28—BEMCo treated a party with a bee sting at Spingold Theater. The party signed a refusal for further care.

August 28—Two males reporting bee stings at the Shapiro Campus center were treated by BEMCo staff with a signed refusal for further care.

August 28—University Police and DCL responded to reports of an intoxicated party in Rosenthal South. No problems upon arrival.

August 29—A male party fell outside Spingold Theater. When BEMCo arrived on scene the party was alert with neck pain. The patient was transported by Cataldo to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The area coordinator on call was notified.

August 29—A party at 150 Charles River Road reported a twisted ankle. BEMCo treated the party at the scene, and the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital by University Police for further care. The area coordinator on call was notified.

August 30—BEMCo treated a party for a sprained finger at the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center. University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

August 31—A female party dropped a water bottle on her foot. BEMCo treated the party, who refused further care.

August 31—BEMCo responded to a student feeling ill at Stoneman Infirmary. The party was treated on scene and refused further care.

September 2—BEMCo assistance was required for a female with flu-like symptoms at Usen Hall. BEMCo staff arrived on scene, a Cataldo ambulance was requested and the party refused further care with the Cataldo medics.

Disturbance

July 20—A Waltham resident filed a noise complaint about a small group talking loudly with open windows at Charles River Apartments. The party closed the windows and reduced their volume.

July 19—A student was reported bothering facilities staff for unlocking the party’s apartment. DCL staff and University Police spoke to the party about lockout policy and procedure. Police compiled a report of the incident.

July 24—A staff member reported a disturbance on the loading dock of the Usdan Student Center. The offending parties were spoken to by police, and a report was compiled of the incident.

July 28—Police responded to a report of a loud party at Charles River Apartments. Upon police arrival, all was quiet.

August 6—Police responded to a noise complaint at Charles River Apartments. Upon police arrival, all was quiet.

August 23—University Police responded to a party shouting and yelling near the East Quad loading dock. The three individuals were dispersed by University Police without incident.

August 30—University Police responded to complaints of loud talk and smoking outside of Ziv 128. Parties were gone upon police arrival on scene.

September 1—A loud party in the upper area of the Foster Mods was asked to quiet down by University Police.

September 1—A caller filed a noise complaint at Charles River Apartments, but refused to give their name. Police checked the area; all was quiet.

September 1—University Police received two noise complaints for Charles River Apartments. Upon arrival no, disturbances were observed.

Larceny

July 17—A staff member reported a decorative cover missing from the front of her motor vehicle in Theater Lot. Police compiled a report of the incident.

Harassment

July 24—Staff members at the Shapiro Campus Center received a harassing email. Police compiled a report of the incident.

August 6—Community members from the Heller School received a harassing voicemail. Police compiled a report of the incident.

Other

July 21—Police received a call that an intoxicated male was sleeping in the second floor suite of Ziv 127. Upon police arrival, the male student was sleeping and snoring. Police awoke the student, who was not intoxicated. Police took no further action.

July 30—University Police compiled a report on a rope left in Sherman Function Hall. They determined the rope was part of an art project presented by pre-college summer school students.

August 22—University Police retrieved a suspicious package from the card office and compiled a report on the incident. The package was stored in the police evidence room.

August 23—A party was reported trespassing on University property. They were spoken to at the DCL office and transported off campus by University Police.

August 29—University Police responded to reports of a suspicious item covered with a cloth between the SCC and the Hassenfeld Conference Center. It was found to be two bound cinder blocks covered with a tablecloth, apparently being used to secure a tent.

August 31—University Police received a report of a past assault between two Sodexo staff members in Sherman. Police compiled a report on the incident; an investigation is to follow.