On an average day, Chapel’s Field looks bare. On a sunny day it’s filled with people tanning and throwing frisbees. On Sunday, April 30, Chapel’s Field had taco and hot dog trucks, a beer garden, free pizza, and multiple BEMCo tents ready to help if anyone was hurt, not to mention a gigantic stage.

This was Springfest filled with both Brandeisians and Waltham locals alike who, despite the cloudy rainy weather, enjoyed the music and collegiate atmosphere. The performers this year were not as well known as past Springfest artists such as Jessie J and T-Pain. However, the crowd screamed and shouted the rap lyrics at the top of their lungs. Opening Springfest was Raleigh Ritchie, a British rapper who is also known for his role as Grey Worm in the hit television show “Game of Thrones.” His set was the only one that was accompanied by a live band. Raleigh Ritchie had an amazing stage presence and drew enthusiasm out of the crowd. His dynamic energy and catchy songs made me want to check out his music further!

As the crowd began to grow, Hippie Sabotage took the stage. Hippie Sabotage consists of two brothers who specialize in electronic dance music. One of the brothers was behind a turntable and played the music onstage. The other brother rapped in the microphone and made his way through the crowd, lighting joints and passing them around to the people in the front of the crowd.

The one mainstream song that Hippie Sabotage played was their remix of “Habits” by Tove Lo. The crowd emphatically sang that song so that it could be heard all over campus. The final performance of the day was the headliner Lil Uzi Vert.

Judging from previous Springfests, the headliner typically takes the stage at 5 p.m. with the show ending at 6, just in time for Brandesians to eat dinner, attempt to start homework and be asleep by 9:30.

However, it wasn’t Lil Uzi who took the stage at 5 p.m., it was his DJ and hype man who played music and got the crowd dancing and pumped for Lil Uzi to get on the stage. The problem was, after over 50 minutes of waiting and a restless crowd, Lil Uzi didn’t come on the stage until 5:45 where he then performed a 45-minute set.

Lil Uzi is known for his featured verse on the song “Bad and Boujee” by Migos.

Though he didn’t perform that song until halfway through his set, Lil Uzi captured the crowd with his awesome charisma and vivid stage presence. He was not the only person on stage though.

Lil Uzi’s entourage was onstage the whole time and stood in the background. As the show progressed, the amount of people in his entourage kept multiplying until by the end of the show there were a handful of people on the stage.

Overall, this year’s Springfest was memorable.However, it was not as well attended as in years past because of the lack of variety of artists drawing in a smaller crowd. In the future, Student Events should pick their lineup based on all genres of music: a DJ, an Indie band, and a headliner that does not have many Brandeisans questioning the artist’s identity.

However, for the Brandeisians and Waltham locals, and the surprising amount of middle schoolers who showed up — fans of Lil Uzi Vert and the other acts — Springfest was a wonderful day to not think about the stresses of finals and to celebrate the end of the year.