Students Jenny Ho ’20 and Julianna Scionti ’20, representing the Brandeis Drawing Club, came before the Senate for club recognition. Ho and Scionti particularly highlighted a desire to supply art materials to students who face financial barriers in affording studio art course fees. Their organization is a revival of a previous studio art iteration, the Figure Drawing Club. When asked by Student Union Vice President Paul Sindberg ’18 how the club will avoid a decline like the one seen with the Figure Drawing Club, Ho and Scionti responded that they will focus on well-rounded recruitment of successive class years. In a unanimous vote, the Senate approved to recognize the Brandeis Drawing Club.

Regarding the upcoming spring elections, Executive Senator Hannah Brown ’19 announced that the constitutional amendment for the new International Student senator seat had passed. An informational meeting for students interested in running for the first round of spring elections — including for the positions of Executive Board, Representative to the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, or Representative to the Brandeis Sustainability Fund — will be held on Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. in the Student Union Office. Brown also announced that the Services and Outreach committee is looking into transportation quotes to potentially provide shuttles for April break to and from Boston South Station and New York City.

Sindberg additionally announced that thirty clubs remain on probation since Feb. 12 for failure to complete mandatory bystander training facilitated by the Office of Prevention Services. These clubs must complete their training by the end of the semester, or else they face dechartering at the beginning of fall semester.

Massell Quad Senator Aaron Finkel ’20, Campus Operations Working Group chair, announced investigations into budgeting the test run of a menstrual product provision program. The potential program, initially proposed by informal club Brandeis Students for Reproductive Justice, would serve to offer menstrual products to individuals who can not acquire them due to financial reasons.

Senator at Large Nathan Grees ’19 requested clarification regarding the extent of the Senate’s involvement in the program, asking whether the Student Union or BSRJ would be responsible for planning the administration of the program. He stated concerns that BSRJ, as an unchartered club, does not have the infrastructure in place to monitor such a system.

Finkel responded that the implementation is a partnership with BSRJ to help jumpstart the initiative, as BSRJ is an unchartered club that does not have the resources to carry out the project on its own. Class of 2020 Senator Samantha Barrett said that COWG is researching and contacting universities with similar successful models, such as Wellesley College, for insight.

Sindberg said the Senate should clearly state the initiative as a “pilot program run by the Student Union in response to and in collaboration with student activists with the goal of getting the administration to take on responsibility of the program.”

Club Support Committee member and Racial Minority Group Senator Lian Chen ’19 announced a public relations workshop offered to all club leaders set for March 21. The workshop will feature a speaker from a Boston public relations firm and a panel of successful club leaders to help train student leaders in how to outreach and cultivate a brand for their organizations.

Finkel, on behalf of COWG, said that cleaning supplies will be distributed to keep public areas clean, following complaints from constituents that student lounges were unhygienic.

Brown said she spoke with constituents regarding concerns that the campus is not disability-friendly, with lack of accessible pedestrian signals for the blind and inaccessible characteristics of locations such as East Quad and lower campus.

—Michelle Dang

Editor’s note: Julianna Scionti ’20 is a cartoonist for the Justice.