The men and women’s team continued their strong play over the weekend, going a combined 5-1 over six matches. The No. 32 men’s team picked up wins over Babson College, Wheaton College and No. 22 Bates College. The 31st-ranked women’s squad hosted the Nor’Easter Bowl and went 2-1, defeating Sarah Lawrence College and Christopher Newport University but narrowly falling to No. 6 Amherst College.

Women’s squad

The Judges sit at 4-6 after the weekend, capping the Nor’Easter Bowl with a win over Sarah Lawrence. The Judges took two of three doubles courts, with the duo of Charlotte Aaron ’18 and Sophia He ’19 as well as Emily Eska ’16 and Maya Vasser ’16 taking wins on the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles courts. Aaron and He took a 9-7 decision while  Eska and Vasser won earned an 8-0 decision on court No. 3.

In singles play, the Judges swept away the Saints. Olivia Leavitt ’19 took the No. 1 court with a double bagel, 6-0, 6-0. Keren Khromchenko ’19 won on the No. 2 court, 6-1, 6-0, while Vasser took the No. 5 court by a 6-3, 6-0 final. 

Earlier in the weekend, the Judges fell to No. 6 Amherst 8-1 as the Judges got only a win from Khromechenko on the No. 3 singles court. In singles play, Khromechenko battled to a win on the No. 3 court. She grabbed the first set 6-4. She then fell 6-1 in the second set but took a 10-7 decision to win in the decisive third set. 

In the opening game of the Nor’Easter Bowl, the Judges rolled over Christopher Newport by a 7-2 final. The Judges swept doubles play, as Cohen and Leavitt led the way with an 8-4 decision on the No. 1 court.

In singles play, Cohen fell in a marathon 6-4, 2-6, 12-10 match on the No. 1 court, but the Judges took four of the remaining five matches to earn the win. 

The Judges will return to action this Friday, when they host Wheaton (Mass.) College before welcoming Bates College on Sunday.

Men’s squad

The Judges continued their hot streak with wins over Wheaton, Babson and Bates, giving the team six wins in a row. 

The team now sits comfortably at 7-3 on the year.

The Judges edged their way to a 5-4 victory over Bates on Sunday, clinching the victory on the strength of a win by Jackson Kogan ’19 on the No. 6 singles court. Kogan needed three sets to claim the win, 6-2, 2-6, 6-4. On Thursday, the Judges swept away Wheaton in a 9-0 victory. The duo of Eric Goldberg ’19 and Michael Arguello ’17 won 8-3 on the No. 1 doubles court to lead the way for the hosts. Danny Lubarsky ’16 and Brian Granoff ’17 took an 8-0 win on the No. 2 doubles court. 

Jeff Cherkin ’17 was tested on the No. 4 singles court, eventually taking a 6-1, 7-6 (4) victory. Tyler Ng ’18 won 6-2, 7-6 (3) victory on the No. 3 singles court. 

A day earlier, the Judges defeated Babson 6-3, taking two of three doubles courts and four of six singles courts. Granoff worked his way to a 6-3, 1-6, 10-8 marathon win on the No. 2 singles court.  

The men will resume action this Saturday when they welcome Vassar College and Boston College.