The Student Union Senate convened on Sunday for their last meeting before Thanksgiving break to check up on on-going initiatives and approve funding for a campus movie screening.

To commence the meeting, Student Union Vice President Sofia Muhlmann ’16 asked each senator to present a brief report on progress and news regarding their initiatives.

It was announced that the Student Union had been denied their application for funds for a weekend ski and snowboard trip to Stowe, Vt. that the Class of 2016 is considering sponsoring.

According to Class of 2016 Senator Nyah Macklin, the class was welcome to continue pursuing its application process in the hopes of eventually securing funding.

It was also reported that 149 students responded to an online survey in regard to a proposed spring formal for first-year and sophomore students that the Student Union is considering; the majority of participants responded positively.

Class of 2016 Senator Marlharrissa Etzerlyn Lagardere, who is on the Social Justice and Diversity Committee, presented a Senate Money Resolution for a film screening on campus on Friday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. in Olin-Sang for a film titled Call Me Kuchu, a documentary about Uganda’s first openly gay man.

Etzerlyn Lagardere said that the committee chose this movie because it fits with a major theme of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer rights that the committee wants to focus on this semester.

The screening will be the first in a three-part series that will include a campus-wide discussion on another social justice theme and a poetry slam.

A total of $423.62 was requested, with $300 for the rights to show the movie, a $24 cost to ship the movie and the cost for food.

Funding was approved unanimously by all present.

The Senate will not be meeting next week.