This week in pop culture has a snazzy subtitle: celebrities getting injured. I'm not sure what was in the air, but the latest Hollywood headlines included reports of two big stars experiencing some pretty nasty injuries.

Various celebrity news outlets, such as People Magazine and The Huffington Post, reported that actor Zac Efron broke his jaw after he slipped in a pesky puddle of water outside his Los Angeles home on Nov. 10. Now the actor's mouth is wired shut so that his jaw can heal. He also needed stitches for an additional gash he suffered from the fall.

Efron, 26, who has garnered much attention lately after the publicity of his rehab stints, is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries. He was supposed to promote his upcoming comedy film That Awkward Moment, but those plans have been derailed. Unfortunately, that also means he won't be filming any musicals in the immediate future.

Yet another handsome actor had to be taken to the emergency room this week. Here's one sign that Jake Gyllenhaal is dedicated to his craft he required stitches after filming an emotional scene on the Los Angeles set of his crime drama film Nightcrawler. Gyllenhaal, 32, reportedly got so deep into character during the scene that, in a fit of rage, he punched his fists into a mirror.

The glass broke and cut his hands. According to his rep, the actor received "numerous stitches." Gyllenhaal has also captured attention for the pounds he shed for his role in Nightcrawler. Last month, the actor was photographed looking quite gaunt at the Hollywood Film Awards. He told People Magazine that he lost around 20 pounds. Talk about commitment!

In other news, actor Alec Baldwin found his name back in headlines for supposedly assaulting yet another photographer. Yes, he's been involved in scuffles with photographers in the past, even pinning a paparazzo to a car back in August. On Thursday,

TMZ posted a video of Baldwin, who has been involved in too many incidents where he has been caught using harsh, profanity-laden language, shoving a photographer who was hot on the trail of the actor and his family. Baldwin yelled at the photographer and reportedly hurled a homophobic slur at him.

It doesn't stop there. On Friday, TMZ posted video of Baldwin shoving another photographer near his Manhattan apartment. At one point, Baldwin knocked the camera out of the unrelenting photographer's hand-even after the assault, the man continued to follow Baldwin down the sidewalk. 

The actor also made headlines this week when his alleged stalker, Genevieve Sabourin, was sentenced to six months in jail. Sabourin, 41, a Canadian actress, was found guilty of stalking, harassment and attempted contempt of court. Baldwin testified at the Nov. 12 trial. 

Apparently, during his testimony, Sabourin made quite a few outbursts. Baldwin admitted that he first met the woman at a Montreal movie shoot in 2000. Then, nearly 10 years later, a mutual friend had Baldwin agree to meet with her for dinner to give some career advice. After that, Baldwin claimed that Sabourin began to bombard him with unwanted phone calls and emails.

This trial was no doubt stressful for Baldwin but certainly no excuse for the alleged slur he made against that photographer.
That's your pop culture fix this week, Brandeis-courtesy of some clumsy, passionate and, well, angry celebs.