The special election for the four unfilled positions of associate justice, Village Quad senator, Myra Kraft Transitional Year Program senator and off-campus senator took place last Wednesday, leaving only three of these positions filled.

Luky Guigui '15 was elected associate justice. Guigui won against seven other candidates with 24 percent of the vote, or 138 votes. Abstain came in second with 90 votes, or 16 percent of the vote.

"I hope that I will be able to use my new position to be as fair as possible and to ensure that the proper decisions are made for any case that comes before the Judiciary," Guigui wrote in an email to the Justice. "I am also a strong believer in compromise and mediation and I hope that when needed I will be able to use those methods in order to end conflicts respectfully and responsively to benefit all parties involved."

Bowen Li '16 was elected Village senator with 20 votes, or 44 percent. Abstain came in second with 17 votes, or 38 percent. Li was unable to be reached for comment before press time.

The MKTYP senatorial position was filled by Jennifer Almodovar (MKTYP) with 64 percent of vote, which accounted for nine votes.

The special election for MKTYP senator was held due to a technical error that occurred in the first election.

For the other positions, however, the special election was required because the abstain option received the most votes during the initial elections.

"I look forward to learning new things and to make this a better campus for us all along with the rest of the Student Union," Almodovar wrote in an email to the Justice.

Almodovar added that she plans to talk to fellow students about any concerns that they have to get a better idea what changes they would like to see implemented.

"As I've said before, one of my main goals is to make sure that we all have the best experience possible here at Brandeis," she wrote. "I ran for this position to serve my classmates, and I am glad I have been given the opportunity to do so."

The off-campus senator position will remain unfilled despite the fact that three candidates were running for the position, as the abstain option received the most votes, 25, which was 28 percent of the vote.

According to Student Union Secretary Sneha Walia '15, constitutionally, there can be one more additional special election.

However, according to Walia, the Union executive board decided to postpone holding another election for the position until the beginning of the spring 2014 semester when the mid-year senator elections take place. The position will remain unfilled until the election occurs in the spring.