Well, my Brandeis pop culture-ites, it's splitsville for English actor Orlando Bloom and Australian Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr.

After three years of marriage, the couple has decided to separate. They began dating back in late 2007 before marrying in a secret ceremony in July 2010. Together they have a two-year-old son, Flynn Christopher.

A rep for Bloom, 36, confirmed the couple's split to E! News. Apparently, Kerr, 30, and Bloom have been on an amicable trial separation for the past few months but have now decided to make the separation official.

Their total of six years together is basically a lifetime by Hollywood's standards.

Bloom and Kerr's split comes on the heels of news of Kanye West's big proposal to Kim Kardashian, with whom he had 4-month-old daughter North. Last Monday-the same day as Kim's 36th birthday-West, 36, took the notion of an over-the-top proposal to an even higher level.

He rented out the AT&T Park (where the San Francisco Giants play) for the proposal and had a live orchestra play in the background. People Magazine reports that the words "PLEEEASE MARRY ME" flashed on the Jumbotron as well.

Kardashian's engagement ring is nothing to sneeze at, either-Kanye backed up his flashy proposal with an equally flashy 15-carat square diamond ring. This will be the first marriage for Kanye and the third marriage for Kim.
But the theatrics weren't the only newsworthy aspect of the engagement. It was who didn't make the guest list to this surprise proposal party that had media outlets in a tizzy.

The Huffington Post reports that Kanye failed to even notify Kim's stepfather, Bruce Jenner (who recently separated from Kim's mother Kris), that he was going to propose. Nonetheless, TMZ reports that Jenner was the first person Kim called after she accepted, so maybe the media fanfare was all for nothing.

Last of all, what's this column without a healthy dose of scandal added to the mix? Photos surfaced last Tuesday showing American Idol runner-up-turned-actress Katharine McPhee in a passionate lip-lock with her former Smash director Michael Morris. Why's that so scandalous, you wonder? Well, both McPhee and Morris are still married to other people.

Back in 2008, McPhee, 29, married producer Nick Cokas. Morris, 47, on the other hand, has been married to actress Mary McCormack since 2003, and together they have three young daughters. While many sources allege that McPhee and her husband have been separated for six months and are living apart, E! News reports that McCormack kicked Morris out of their home when he warned her the photos were going to be released.

If McCormack was truly that blindsided by the photos, it begs the question as to why Morris and McPhee were cavorting out in public in the first place.

There you have it, Brandeis! From Kardashians to Victoria's Secret models, from a quiet split to a crazy engagement to a bizarre cheating scandal, this week in pop culture has covered the gamut of Hollywood gossip, and then some.
*