Hello again, my fellow pop culture connoisseurs! I hope everyone had a great (albeit short) first week of classes.

Is anyone surprised that there is more news from the Kardashian Korner? This time, though, it's no fluff story about what kind of dress one of the sisters wore or about Kim K's post-baby body. Rumors have been swirling for a while now that trouble in paradise lurks for Khloe Kardashian-Odom and her husband, NBA player Lamar Odom. Earlier in July, numerous tabloids reported that Lamar, 33, cheated on Khloe, 29, with a woman he met at a Washington, D.C. strip club in January 2012.

Adding to the scandal, TMZ reported last week that Odom has been struggling with drug abuse problems. Its anonymous sources divulged that Odom's drug abuse goes back a couple years, and Khloe has reportedly urged Lamar to undergo treatment at a rehab facility in the past.

Coupled with the reports of Lamar's drug abuse, the free-agent basketball player was pulled over in California early Friday morning and subsequently arrested with a DUI charge. Apparently, he was released on $15,000 bail and his driver's license was suspended for a year. I hope that Odom can get the right help and that the couple can endure these recent hardships. This unfortunate news almost makes you miss the incessant reporting of the sisters' wardrobe choices, right? OK, well maybe that's a stretch.

Revelations of another Hollywood couple's marital issues arose this week, as news of Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones' trial separation surfaced on Wednesday. The two, who have been married for 13 years, have not been photographed together since late April, according to People magazine. The couple has had its share of struggles-Douglas, 68, publicly battled throat cancer in 2010, and Zeta-Jones, 43, recently completed treatment for Bipolar II disorder.

They have two children together, and although the couple is now taking time apart, neither party has reportedly taken any further steps toward filing for divorce. Alas, there is still the possibility that Douglas and Zeta-Jones can-and hopefully will-make it work.

This week in pop culture also included the birth of Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie's first child, a son named Axl Jack Duhamel. Fergie and her husband, actor Josh Duhamel, who married back in January 2009, welcomed little Axl on Thursday at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. It seems that the singer-who was just granted a legal name change to Fergie Duhamel (she was born Stacy Ann Ferguson)-has a thing for interesting names.

All in all, however, you know this was a rather slow pop culture week when Suri Cruise breaking her arm was one of the big stories across media outlets. The cause of the seven-year-old's injury is unknown, according to People. Some might say that buzzing about the injury of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' young daughter is kind of a stretched attempt to fill the void of juicy celebrity gossip. Then again, maybe this little nugget of information has somehow made your day feel more complete.
*