Pachanga, a dance hosted by the International Club in Levin Ballroom, returned this semester on April 13 after a hiatus of almost three years.

The event, which was traditionally held once a semester before it was suspended after the last Pachanga on Oct. 23, 2010, is now expected to remain an annual event. According to an Oct. 25, 2010 Justice article, the event resulted in the hospitalization of several students who were treated for intoxication. Two attendees were also arrested.

This year, tickets for the event, which were three dollars each, were sold out at the Shapiro Campus Center ticket booth within hours.

The anticipated return of the event led a large number of students to attend. "We are very happy with the turnout of the event and would definitely call it a success," wrote International Club President Nicole Bortnik '13 in an email to the Justice.

According to Director of Public Safety Ed Callahan in an interview with the Justice, despite rumors, no one was arrested at the event. "A student was placed in protective custody because of alcohol intoxication," he wrote in an email to the Justice. "The student was transported to the Waltham Police station for the standard booking process and became ill and was very belligerent on campus prior to be placed in protective custody. The student was transferred to the hospital after becoming ill at the Police station," wrote Callahan.

The Pachanga Facebook event stated that those who were visibly intoxicated would be turned away from the event, even if those students had already purchased tickets. "I do not know how many individuals were turned away. It was a ticketed event which students were aware of," wrote Callahan.

Four transports were made during the event, and security was similar to that of the 2010 event according to Callahan.

Despite the lengthy line outside, as well as identification checks and metal detectors that each student had to go through upon entering the event, Callahan wrote that this year's event was "[n]ot as difficult as the last Pachanga."