It felt like summer outside last Thursday, and the heat was present inside Gosman Sports and Convocation Center as Theo Didn't Make it Either notched a tight 2-0 victory over IBS Coed.

The two-week indoor intramural soccer season initially had not been scheduled to occur this year, but because of high demand from the student population, Associate Director of Athletics Tom Rand revived the sport for the 2012 season.

While the gym was packed with Brandeis students cheering on IBS Coed, the overall skill and persistence of Theo Didn't Make it Either, which includes senior varsity midfielders Theo Terris '12 and Ari Silver '12, were too much for IBS Coed to handle. Terris notched both goals, hitting the first one off of a rebound in the first half. He then ensured victory in the second half by sending the ball into the lower right corner of the net with 10 minutes left in the game.

However, the game was not over yet. After the second-half goal from Terris, IBS Coed made a ferocious attempt at a comeback. With five minutes left in the game, things got interesting. Taylor Bracken '11, MA '12, goaltender for Theo Didn't Make it Either, let a ball slip past him to seemingly cut the lead to 2-1. However, the referee's call would define the game-he ruled that the goal was invalid due to sliding.

Frustrated by the call, members of IBS Coed mobbed the referee, hoping to convince him to change his decision. Gosman Manager Zach Malis '12 stepped in to settle the situation, maintaining the call on the field. The controversy would not end there, though.

With three minutes left in the game, a questionable tackle at the top of the box led to another altercation between IBS Coed player Ben Zimmerman '11, MA '12 and Terris, leading to red cards and ejections of both of the players. IBS Coed was able to notch a few more shots on goal, but Bracken kept the ball out of the net, giving Theo Didn't Make it Either the chance for those coveted intramural t-shirts.

The Semi-Pro Tryoutees won T-shirts in the men's indoor intramural league 4-0 against Alex Yovanoff-Meyerowitz. In the women's championship, Kickin Ballz earned a tight 4-3 final score, in which the result ultimately came down to the final penalty kicks. In the end, they notched the victory against The S-Dogs.

Brandeis students can look forward to intramural softball next, which is set to begin this week.

*