The trial runs of extended weekend hours at the Provisions on Demand Market in the Usdan Student Center were completed on Saturday, Nov. 19, and dining services has compiled transaction statistics from the extra hours.

According to Director of Dining Operations Matthew Thompson, 222 transactions were completed between midnight and 2 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 6; 251 in the same time period on Sunday, Nov. 13; and 151 on Sunday, Nov. 19.

Student Union Senator Ricky Rosen '14, who organized the trial as head of the Senate's Ad-Hoc Dining Committee, said that Aramark has yet to make a decision about extending the hours for next semester.

Dining Services and Senior Vice President for Administration Mark Collins "are still weighing the data and have not yet made up their mind about the [P.O.D. Market] hours for next semester," wrote Rosen in an email to the Justice.

Thompson and Collins both confirmed in emails to the Justice that a permanent extension of Saturday and early Sunday morning hours is under consideration.

"There had been some student interest in expanding these hours," wrote Collins. "We have been and are continuing to gather some customer count data for student use of the POD in general but with a focus on use during the extended hours."

"Dining Services and the University are currently in discussion about deciding whether or not to impliment [sic] a change in the regular hours of operation," wrote Thompson.

Thompson did not respond when asked for data on the usage of the POD Market during regular hours.

Student Union President Herbie Rosen '12 said that some of the statistics may have been enhanced by promotion of the trial.

"We experimented with publicizing it a lot and not publicizing it, just kind of seeing the natural," he said in an interview with the Justice. "I think the third number [151 transactions] is the closest to what it would really be if it was extended. I think there was enough that we're still going to push for it to be extended."

Herbie Rosen added that he would be following up with Dining Services and Mark Collins. "I know I'd use the P.O.D. Market. So we're just going to keep pushing," he said.

The Ad-Hoc Dining Committee has also compiled a list of other dining-related problems that they wish to pursue with Aramark. These issues include unfilled condiment dispensers in the Usdan Student Center, service at the Stein and at Quiznos, food variety and long lines at Sherman Dining Hall, and the inconvenience of weekend hours at Einstein Bros. Bagels.

"I feel like the Ad-Hoc Dining Committee has made a lot of great strides this semester in communicating with the student population, and advocating their wants and needs to the University," said Ricky Rosen.  "We will no doubt continue to do these things throughout the rest of the year."

Student reactions to the P.O.D. Market trials were mixed.

"It's a good idea, but it does not really help the issue of dining on campus," said Joe Lanoie '15.

Jesse Appell '12 was in favor of the hours being extended. "I think it's something that the University should make permanent. Saturday night is a good time to have those extra two hours," he said.

Megan Elsayed '14 thought that the extension was a good idea, but did not want to support something that did not make sense financially for the University. "As much as I loved getting back at midnight from a debate tournament and being able to get food, I understand if it just doesn't make sense for the University," she said. "I don't think the University should make stupid financial choices."

Julian Seltzer '15 said that he would visit the P.O.D. Market consistently during the extended hours if the change was made permanent. "I visit the [P.O.D. Market] several times a week. Earlier in the semester when I tried to go to the [P.O.D. Market] past 12 a.m. on a weekend night, I was surprised that they weren't open. When the [P.O.D. Market] was open for the late-night trial, I made sure to make a visit to show that I would regularly go during those later hours," he said.

Sara Dejene and Andrew Wingens contributed reporting.