Student Union President Herbie Rosen '12 announced in an email to the student body on Friday that the Provisions On Demand Market in the Usdan Student Center would be open until 2 a.m. on the first three Saturdays in November on a trial basis. The P.O.D. Market is usually open until midnight on Saturdays.

The trial run was initially proposed by Class of 2014 Senator Ricky Rosen, was approved by Director of Dining Services Aaron Bennos and finally received authorization from Senior Vice President for Administration Mark Collins.

Rosen is the head of the Senate's ad-hoc committee and has been working closely with the University Dining Committee, headed by Ari Tretin '12.

"I am absolutely elated about the progress that this university is making in dining," wrote Ricky Rosen in an email to the Justice. "These are tremendous first steps towards more student-centric dining facilities." He also said that, depending on sales during this period, this could become a permanent change.

Ricky Rosen and the Union Senate used an online survey from the website surveymonkey.com to gauge students' opinions on dining. Out of 220 students who responded to the inquiry, 82 percent said that they would buy food from the P.O.D. Market if it were open later on weekends, according to the survey results obtained by the Justice.

"I am very excited about the C-Store Trial runs, and I am hopeful that they will become permanent," wrote Herbie Rosen in an email to the Justice. "I am especially appreciative of Ricky for making this happen and sharing his goals with the Student Union so that we may make even more positive changes on this front."

The Senate's survey also asked students about the hours of Sherman Dining Hall, but most students were satisfied in that respect. "The thing with Dining Services talks is that you need to represent the population, you need to be a liaison from the students to dining," said Ricky Rosen. "If there's no demand for change, then it's not going to happen."

Ricky Rosen's conversations with Dining Services have led to other changes to the P.O.D. Market. There are now several brands of frozen foods from the P.O.D. Market included in University meal plans.

The Senate is also working to add gluten-free items from the P.O.D. Market to the meal plans.

"What's most important throughout this whole process is that students' voices are being heard," continued Ricky Rosen's email.

"I think it's a great idea for anyone doing late-night studying," said Kelsey Segaloff '15, about the extension of P.O.D. Market hours.

Once their work with the P.O.D. Market is complete, Ricky Rosen and the Senate plan to work toward changes for Einstein Bros. Bagels.